Bessacarr E560 or E660

Sharon42

Hello, newbie here. Just about to buy our first motorhome. We have decided on the Bessacarr e560 or e660. We prefer the layout of the E660, but there dont seem to be as many of them for sale and are right at the top end of our budget. The E560 would be just as good for us, but am very unsure that I want to put a table up each time. Any suggestions anyone? (apologies as I am sure this has been asked before) :-D :$

Hi,

Pros & cons of both.

Up until last year we had an Elddis sunseeker 155 with opposite sofas, which was great for lounging and watching telly. Putting the table up was no great shakes.

Our Adria has a front dinette which is ok and has the advantage of being able to carry passengers and having the fixed table saves a bit of faffing although we'll probably take it out in the summer for a bit more space.

Enjoy your motorhome whatever you buy and brace yourself for horror stories about British vans leaking, neither of ours ever did.

Regards

Andy

I did have a look at one of these while hunting for the 'ideal' motorhome. A couple of points put me off, but they may not be the same for you.

Firstly, if memory serves the payload is not very high if you want to keep at the 3500 kg maximum weight. Once all the 'clobber' and bikes were included it was over the line for me. I note some have upgrades to around 4 ton maximum weight which is fine but then you are subject to restricted speeds. The 2nd point was the fixed bed at the rear is narrow at only just over 4 ft 2 inches, To us this was not a double but what we used to call iin the old days 'a 3/4 bed'. To us a double is 4ft 6 inches minimum and when you look at the cut off at the foot, we I am afraid said 'no thank you'. I do love my wife dearly but neither of us are into sleeping like sardines in a tin.

However, it is a nice looking van and has a lot of equipment, almost too much unless that is your wish. I do not what age you are looking at but my suggestion would be to try and get as large an engine as you can to make travelling much easier. These are big and bulky vans.

Archived