coolant level on Peugeot boxer engine

mids

Hi i am worried coolant level has dropped showing just above minimum now not sure where it was last time i looked only done 500 miles since service, sure they wouldn't have left it low .anyobe think i may have a problem or ok that low ,will monitor to see if it goes below minimum

The system may just be working normally. In cold weather everything including the coolant contracts.

If it comes up into the normal working range when hot there is nothing to worry about.

The marked expansion tank is there to deal with the range of temperatures. just keep an eye on it and if it does not drop any further after next use its OK.

Its common for owners to over fill and then think there is a problem when the system dumps water to finds its own level but its just working as designed. Mechanics spend hours trying to explain this to owners.

I too have a motorhome based on the Peugeot Boxer.   I too noticed the coolant level had fallen alarmingly quickly!   If your coolant bottle is the same as mine, the problem is caused by parking on a slope with the bonnet facing downwards, as the overflow for this bottle will now be below the level of the coolant, so it runs out - so - have you been parking on a slope with the bonnet facing downwards after topping up the coolant?   Hope this is all it turns out to be.

Archived