I give up.

Archiesgrandad

What a carry on glad your all sorted just seen this so couldn't have replied sooner, But a friend of mine moved to France 12 yrs ago and when ever he has similar problems his French neighbours and Mayor got really angry and went out of their way to help.

Randonneur - 2016-02-10 3:23 PM

DREIA, this is the place, like VOSA, where you go when you have a problem registering a vehicle. There is usually one in each Departement. Have a look at this link. http://france.angloinfo.com/transport/vehicle-ownership/dreal-taxes/

This is what we advised way back in February. So glad you have it sorted. Now you just have to register it and get it insured over there.

Did you finally decided not to go the route of getting it transported to the UK then.

PJay - 2016-04-16 11:50 PM

Bulletguy - 2016-04-16 9:41 PM

Glad you eventually got sorted, but i'm curious.......are you moving to live in France? If not, how have you managed to register a vehicle in a country you don't live in? I always thought you could only register and insure a vehicle in country of residence.

When my son was in the forces he was based in Germany and he took his car because he couldn't bear to sell it, but after 3 months had to have LHD lights fitted, put through the TUV (way more strict than MOT), and registered there as after that period they are considered resident.

BG

Notice the location The Lot . They have already moved to France, that is why they needed to get the van sorted. You need to register in France if you live there. And you need "Local" plates , to use such things as local dumps, etc. Usual French RED Tape

PJay

Oooerr.......missed that bit! :$

Explains everything now as i know how my lad felt when i dared suggest he sell his 'precious' Audi and buy a left hooker ready plated etc in Germany. He just couldn't bear to part with it! A set of l/h light units cost him £600 which on returning permanent back to UK he got just £30 for on fleabay. *-)

Archived