Any of our members camped here?

Len Salisbury

PJay - 2016-02-23 6:45 PM

We need more info Les. Where exactly is this place? We stayed at a camp site called (from memory) Las Dunas, would have to look up my notes if this is the one. It was I think an ACSI site?

PJay

Las Dunas is just over the French border in Spain nr San Pere Pescador. It is not an ACSI site unfortunately. I have stayed there a few times as it's so well located on a great beach. I'm unsure whether this is the site referred to but I would have thought 6 amp electricity is good enough for most campers.

Thank you Mike for your input. The advert is NOT appearing as a header on here at the moment, I don't know why. I have stayed at Camping Ter in Estartit Costa Brava and they have 6 amp and you couldn't boil a kettle and have the fan on at the same time. That is why I put in 6 amp. Another site that we stayed on last year had both 6 and 10 amp. We obviously took the 10 amp and had no trouble at all.

Len Salisbury - 2016-02-23 7:20 PM

Thank you Mike for your input. The advert is NOT appearing as a header on here at the moment, I don't know why. I have stayed at Camping Ter in Estartit Costa Brava and they have 6 amp and you couldn't boil a kettle and have the fan on at the same time. That is why I put in 6 amp. Another site that we stayed on last year had both 6 and 10 amp. We obviously took the 10 amp and had no trouble at all.

I use a low wattage camping kettle consuming under a kw of power. 6 amps equates to just under 1.5kw (I think) . Is the site you are referring to Las Dunas at San Pere Pescador?

Las Dunas is outside Sant Pere Pescador on the way to L, Escala. Site is big and on a good beach however unless you like long walks there is nothing else about. Aquarius campsite ia also in same area, on beach, but is nearer to town.Aquarius offer 6amp but you can upgrade to 10amp.Aquarius I have stayed at many times, has good resturant and nice beach bar.This site is owned by a german family and therefore has a lot of german campers

Archived