Rimor Motorhomes

Bojitoes

Hi

Went to the NEC yesterday to look at new motorhomes with a view to changing at Peterborough. The model which took our eye was the Rimor Katamarano 12p. We have no knowledge of Rimor motorhomes so would appreciate any thoughts, tips, advice etc. We normally look to have an extended (5-7 weeks) trip to the Continent once a year plus several other 1/2 week trips to Ireland or around the UK as well.

We do not think we have seen too many Rimor vans on our trips.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Bob

Bojitoes - 2016-02-29 1:18 PM

Hi

Went to the NEC yesterday to look at new motorhomes with a view to changing at Peterborough. The model which took our eye was the Rimor Katamarano 12p. We have no knowledge of Rimor motorhomes so would appreciate any thoughts, tips, advice etc. We normally look to have an extended (5-7 weeks) trip to the Continent once a year plus several other 1/2 week trips to Ireland or around the UK as well.

We do not think we have seen too many Rimor vans on our trips.

Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

Bob

Rimor is a popular Italian brand at the budget end of the market. I'm surprised that you haven't seen many around.

Rimor has never deeply penetrated the UK’s motorhome market and, currently, the only UK Rimor dealership appears to be in Hull. But the marque is quite widely sold in Continental Europe and well thought of there.

http://www.rimor.it/motorhomes-motor-caravans-camper-vans-campervan_con_en/

You get a lot of motorhome for your money

http://motorhomesltd.com/product/rimor-katamarano-12-plus-2016/

Rimor used to be imported into the UK but pulled out of the market, as did several other Continental manufacturers, when the recession hit. They have returned to the buoyant UK motorhome market. I have a feeling Rimor were bailed out by the Trigano Group in the past few years or so.

It seems to be a 3500kg van with 6 berths. Hmmm. I'd check out the weights because some manufacturers are a little bit more creative than others when it comes to loading margins.

Brock - 2016-02-29 2:25 PM......................It seems to be a 3500kg van with 6 berths. Hmmm. I'd check out the weights because some manufacturers are a little bit more creative than others when it comes to loading margins.

I'll second that. Don't know if they have recently changed their practise, but they used to be very "delphic" over the weights, though they did give a (I think) weighbridge result in the delivery paperwork - by which time it was, of course, too late. To my knowledge, they never quoted a mass in running order in their technical data. So yes, look hard and long at how any payload or vehicle weight data has been calculated. That apart, as Derek says, they are popular outside the UK, and you get a lot for your money. They are also used quite extensively for hire in Italy (sometimes under the BluLine? name, I think), which I guess says something about the build quality.

Archived