elddis 115

lizken2

We bought a new 115 (sunseeker dealer special) and it is a cracking little van, we have had five new vans over 40 years a devon sunrise,auto sleeper Harmony, Auto sleeper clubman,auto sleeper Lancashire and now the autoquest 115, it is the van that we have had the fewest problems with from new (we may have dropped lucky)

Pete

Hi, we have the avantgarde 145 on 08 plate. we bought it one year old & think that it is a cracker. During this time I have managed to do a fair bit of damage, dings & dents from furniture etc banging into the side panels. Our van was just about the cheapest on the market. If it was one of the £50 to £60.000 vans the amount of damage that I have done & could still do would make it impossible to sleep at night. For this reason alone the van is worth every penny & still gets us every where that we need to go in just as much comfort as the expensive vans. The only thing that I would change is the length of the rear lounge. At the moment we have to sleep across the van meaning that one of us is disturbed if the other gets out in the night. Not the van that you have but close enough. "A"

• 1 month later...
We bought a new Elddis Autoquest 115 last year, the first problem we had was draughts coming in from the 4" square ventilation holes under the bedbox, which is only covered by a wire mesh, and the gas drop out holes. The blown air whale heating was virtually useless, it certainly would need to be on a few hours to make a difference on a cold day. The second problem was the cupboards above the hob, the vinyl started to peel off due to the steam from the kettle or cooking - a known elddis problem our dealer told us. The bathroom door on our van was twisted causing water to leak into the kitchen area when having a shower, eventually sorted through warranty. On the plus side the bed was very comfortable. Our previous elddis was a suntor 120 on an 08 plate, which was of much better build quality and was lovely and warm. We were so disappointed with the 115 that we got rid of it after only a year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived