Aldi special buys

Smooth

Hi all

Apologies if already been said but just seen that Aldi will be having some caravan/motorhome gear in their special buys on 17th March for anyone who is interested.

As anyone ever bought their HD satellite system??? And if so can this be used with a HD sky box for use in Uk only. Is it just a matter of plugging the satellite in???

Cheers

All

I can see no reason you can't fit the co-ax to the sky box, you will need a 240v supply for the sky box and with only one output won't support recording whilst watching. Is quite a small dish so will lose signal sooner than some when getting further from uk

DavidBrown - 2016-03-11 11:26 AM

I was about to ask a similar question about the satellite dishes they have in Aldi. As a quite a few years ago my dad bought one similar and none of us could get it to work.

I imagine much faffing about would be required to get the sat dish aligned! (lol)

One useful item worth giving a go is the Black Streak remover. One year the front of my roof got really filthy dirty from dust which eventually got baked on due to the hot weather. It was ages before i found a jet wash facility with access for vans.

I recently purchased one of these off ebay; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/70KG-ALUMINIUM-INDUSTRIAL-FOLDING-HAND-CART-WHEEL-TROLLEY-SACK-TRUCK-HEAVY-DUTY-/301874888834?nma=true&si=Wipc9qNMYJny%252BqTgVpQCI0zGFbQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ideal for transporting the cassette unit which, if like me you don't have the wheeled version, they get very heavy when full. This truck folds very flat and fits neatly out of the way between my back doors and sink unit cupboard.

Sophie2 - 2016-03-11 1:47 PM

Thanks for link.

Just ordered collapsible bucket- £4.99 free delivery :-)

Thanks, although I'd seen the camping offers that were coming up next Thursday, I hadn't spotted there is an introductory offer of free delivery!

In addition to a collapsible bucket, I have also ordered two x 2-litres of green toilet fluid @ £4.99 each, which I thought was good value.

I already have the sat nav and have to say I find it brilliant. Admittedly I have not much to compare it with but used it all last year around Wales and Scotland and found it an excellent piece of kit. Fantastic when you compare prices too.

violet1 - 2016-03-11 9:18 PM

Has anyone got experience of the satnav?

Yes though mine is the Camper 760 LMT-D which is a 7" screen with auto traffic etc. Bought from Aldi last year at the same price and is an excellent unit. Depending on how much a gambler you are, Aldi will knock the price down again if they have any left. A poster on here got his Camper for £150 just a few months after i'd bought mine!

daviddwight - 2016-03-13 9:47 PM

The toilet fluid that Aldi sell can sometimes be bought in Go Outdoors 4ltr btl the same price as Aldi 2ltr.

True, but the stuff in 4L bottles is only half strength of the concentrated, so offers no better value.

Archived