Thetford C403L toilet – Installing SOG system?

Derek Uzzell

Derek,

After a careful read of your last post, I tried getting a power feed from under the toilets control panel, but it became apparent that there was not enough space in there to attach the Scotchlock connectors, and, even if there had been, there was insufficient play on the wires . Next I tried using a powerful torch, as you suggested, in the narrow gap between the right-hand outer side of the plastic cassette-enclosure and the surrounding wooden wall. However, I could not see the red/black wire feed to the toilet . As I didn't wish to cut away at the back of the box to explore further, in case the routing was different on my Burstner to your Rapido, I took the power feed off an unidentified line leading to the back of the vehicle below the cassette which was live at all times and from off the starter battery. This is obviously not ideal and I was initially worried that it might make the CANBUS throw a hissy fit, but operation of the rear lights, brakes, number plate lights etc with the fan also running has shown no errors coming up on the OBD reader I have fitted. So fingers crossed..... Thanks for your help anyway, as I don't think I would have got it done without the advice you gave.

Have attached a picture of the installation which might help others considering this. The plywood cover below the cassette is removed and you can then just see the red Scotchlock connectors at the bottom of the picture on top of the wire bundle going to the back.

Richard

572131803_SOG11Burstnerixeo586.jpg.935500aa88285aa0383714c0c036372a.jpg

I notice that your ‘kit’ is the SOG II variety and that you’ve got a fair bit of room in front of the cassette’s enclosure, plus access to the electrical wiring beneath the enclosure.

My Rapido has the outer end of the cassette-enclosure very close to the locker door and the only electrical wiring nearby is what’s provided for the toilet. The attached photo shows the type of door-mounting SOG kit I fitted and looks similar to my own installation except the Thetford toilet in the photo is a C402C (with an integrated flush-water tank) whereas the Rapido’s toilet is (like yours) a C403L with its flush-water coming from the motorhome’s main fresh-water tank.

sog.jpg.1705fd5640aa763c64c90d6cf126fad9.jpg

Archived