Fiat 2013 glove box irritation

Brock

I'd welcome any advice on how to adjust the glovebox 'lid' 5ml on the right hand side as the rattle is irritating. A bit of foam would stop the rattle but I'd prefer to restore the original shut lines if possible.

The glovebox 'lid' dropped by about 5mm on the right hand side [when viewed from the passenger seat on a RHD] some time ago but has now started to rattle when driving along. The glovebox is on the passenger side at knee height, not the one on the top of the dash.

I am not sure if the 'glovebox' you refer to is the same as our 2007 Fiat version, where there is a big one in the middle of the console, which is lockable?

Ours has never been level, and we have always tended to use it to its full extent for all the various site guides, handbooks, etc.

It finally broke the 'hinges' at the end of last season - I say hinges, but in reality I think there was very little actual support, and I have strengthened what there was and my local garage-man has added some very strong edhesive so I am hoping with more gentle use it will last for a long time. The only other option,I think, is total replacement of the 'underside of the dash which would no doubt bevery expeinsive both in the parts required and especially in labour/time.

John, the problem in these things is so often the original design, and if you can fabricate a repair, then as far as I am concerned it will be a lot better engineered and constructed than the original!!

Guess the thought in the designers mind is both does it looks pretty, and is it cheap - rather than will it work satisfactorily and last a decent length of time!

John, the problem in these things is so often the original design, and if you can fabricate a repair, then as far as I am concerned it will be a lot better engineered and constructed than the original!!

Guess the thought in the designers mind is both does it looks pretty, and is it cheap - rather than will it work satisfactorily and last a decent length of time!

Archived