Spikey36

Hi Guys,

I am looking at purchasing an Auto-trail Imala 720 motorhome but can find a dealer locally that can show me the bed setup. Also all the pictures i see online dont show me the bedtime set up. I need to know when you set up the front lounge does the bed cover the area where the ladder sits to gain access to the over cab bed, can anyone supply me photos to prove. Can anyone recommend any 6 berth vans about 50K that may also fit the bill. Im looking for both rear and front lounge.

Thanks

Mike

Mike

I would suggest you look at the Autotrail Apache 700. So long as you are including children of not too large a size that would fit your requirements. The reason I mention size of children is that although claimed as a 6 berth the front lounge bed would probably not be suitable for 2 adults unless they are built like Kylie Minogue.

The advantage of the Apache 700 is that it is built on the heavy Ducato chassis and comes with about 850kg payload availability. If you are planning on travelling with 6 people on board you are going to need all that payload. One problem is that you need the higher level driving licence that was given to all people who passed their test prior to 1997 otherwise you will have to take an additional test. (search elsewhere on the forum for details)

Although these dealers are probably selling them for about £55k you can normally negotiate at least £3k off. If you look at Autotrail vans for sale second hand on Auto Trader you will often find new vans advertised by the big dealers at silly prices which often will not be available once they have got you talking to them. You need to print out these adverts and take them to your local dealer and ask them if they can match the price. It is quite surprising what you can get.

John

Archived