Living comfortably. Whatever that is.

Will H

There's been a lot of comment on the retiring age. Its really never bothered me.

Retiring is not a word in my vocabulary. Living comfortably is. When I was a teenager I planned to live a long time and therefore I balance what I do according to how I feel on the day. Money means little. One of my favourite foods is bread butter and jam or Bovril. Exotic foods make me unwell so I avoid them.

I use a computer for occupation and interest as it helps fill the day and costs little. I still work at anything that needs doing.

'Work' now there's a curious word. I never looked upon any occupation as 'work'. Many tasks qualify for being paid and if I didn't like that task I didn't object I moved to do something else and mostly were paid more for the same task.

I'm never unwell and if there's a problem I get it fixed. Comfort is my main thought. Today its Good Friday and its very good, outside we have a clear blue sky. What can better that? I do not need anything else !

I never read a newspaper, I never watch news programmes. What for? it causes me to be uncomfortable and there no point in that !

Money allegedly does not buy happiness - but having enough of the stuff sure does make living comfortably so much easier.

Everyone is different and the trick is to plan your life to suit the style to which you would like to be associated within the available budget.

I only ever saw work as a neccessary long term tool to provide for my family both in the now and for the future and when I stopped work I must say that not only did I not miss it I now wonder how I ever had time for it!

There are so many variables that whatever works for one will probably not suit others.

Guest pelmetman
Will H - 2016-03-25 11:17 AM

I never read a newspaper, I never watch news programmes. What for? it causes me to be uncomfortable and there no point in that !

Oh I don't know Will.........I'm addicted to it :-S .........maybe I like to be uncomfortable :D ......

Guest pelmetman

'Work' now there's a curious word. I never looked upon any occupation as 'work'. Many tasks qualify for being paid and if I didn't like that task I didn't object I moved to do something else and mostly were paid more for the same task.

Having served in the Royal Navy and done mind numbing jobs after leaving 8-) ......

I know being self employed is my natural habitat B-) .........even so as a natural member of the idle classes I feel that retirement will suit me.......especial as I've been practicing since 2004, I'm pretty sure I now have the necessary skills to do it full time :D .........

Guest pelmetman

There's been a lot of comment on the retiring age. Its really never bothered me.

Retiring is not a word in my vocabulary. Living comfortably is. When I was a teenager I planned to live a long time and therefore I balance what I do according to how I feel on the day. Money means little. One of my favourite foods is bread butter and jam or Bovril. Exotic foods make me unwell so I avoid them.

That's probably because you've never followed convention Will ;-) ............ B-) ......

Archived