PROBLEM ELECTRICS

Mikebs

Autocruise Starspirit.

My starter battery died so I had it replaced.

Strange electrical problems have appeared since and I not sure if they are related to the battery being swapped out.

The problems are:

control panel display 0 volts for starter battery unless engine running.

step doesn't extend/retract unless on hook-up or engine running.

Sat dish panel doesn't stay switched on.

Can anybody help with these problems before I call out an Auto electrician.

Thanks Mike

Intermittent and odd electrical effects are sometimes caused by a faulty earth connection from engine to chassis and is a well documented 'attribute' of the current generation of Sevel vans and is well worth checking before looking elsewhere.

I am sure that this has been suggested in a previous thread, but may I suggest checking the main 50A leisure battery fuse and battery coupling relay. If the battery coupling relay has its contacts fused, the leisure battery fuse could blow when starting the engine.

Mike,

I was responding in general terms, and I am therefore unable to help with vehicle specific information.

However in general terms the engine bay is a good place to start. Look wires or fuses that seem to have been connected to the vehicle battery positive. A typical place to mount the relay and fuse on a Ducato is under the plastic shield in the middle of the engine bay.

Perhaps someone with specific knowledge of your vehicle can help?

On my own early 2006 Ducato based PVC the fuse was physically tied to the main vehicle battery negative cable. The relay on my vehicle is unfortunately integrated into the cbe 12V distribution board.

Archived