Oyster Auto Dish

Ninian

Hi, Reinstated my sky box into the van today and expected the dish to lock on. Its doesn't see Astra at all. Do I have to reboot it or I'm I just doing something totally wrong. Unfortunately I'm heading off to France tomorrow.

Thanks.

The dish should lock to Astra 2 without the sky box being active.

Does it lock onto other satellites like Astra 1. Mine at the moment defaults to Astra 1. I then just go into the menu and select "change satellite" and change it to Astra 2.

Round and round she goes where she stops no one knows.

Having the same problem with the Oyster not finding the Astra 2 I have been trying these recommendations and making the changes you recommend but still got the same problem.

Its also difficult to get 'an expert' up here in the North East of Scotland unless anyone else has a contact.

In the north of Scotland the dish is nearly vertical with an effective vertical dish angle of 20 degrees.

Suggest you check line of sight, even mountains have been known to obstruct the satellite signal in Scotland.

PS. Sorry, thought the OP was in the north of Scotland. I now see he is heading off to France. Suggest he emails Anthony at Oystersatuk - he is very helpful.

Hi, My oyster system is the Premium set up whereby my dish is controlled from the TV. I ended up going to the dealer and he had to use a hand held unit to retune the frequencies as they changed in Dec. 15. I wasn't aware that the frequencies had been changed. All working now so watching in France.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Finally got the oyster system operational.

Excellent service from a guy in Perth who After many attempts at programming etc and trying different control boxes etc then the only thing left to try was a new horn.

As soon as that was fitted it worked immediately.

So thanks to you all for the various suggestions.

Archived