draft

coot

Hi

We have a bad draft coming in the motorhome from round the top and sides of the fridge. I presume it is coming though the fridge vent. Has anyone else had this problem if so how did you resolve it.

I believe you own an Ace Modena Novella motorhome (around 2005 year of manufacture?) that you bought a few months ago.

A 3-way fridge should be hermetically sealed between a leisure-vehicle’s living-area and the outside air. But this isn’t simple to do and and, historically, some motorhome conveters have barely made a token effort to achieve that requirement.

I’m afraid there is no simple answer other than to cover/block all obvious ‘gaps’ around the fridge where you can feel a draft. This should help but may not provide a complete cure.

(Dometic used to market a fridge installation sealing kit but ceased doing this years ago. Presumably this was because leisure-vehicle builders never bothered to use it!)

• 1 month later...

sometimes the 'sealant' is a foam strip all the way round the opening...which can sometimes get distorted.

the fridge can be slid forward (into the van) after undoing a couple of screws accessed fron inside the fridge.

with the fridge eased forward, you may be able to repair/replace the foam strip from outside the van, after removing the fridge grills for access.

also remember, the fridge will have a gas supply connected so be careful....unscrew the connection if moving the fridge more than a few inches.....and check gas tightness when refitting....

Thanks for the replies. I have bought a roll of draft excluder from local diy and stuck it round the fridge were the draft was coming from. This has stopped the draft without moving the fridge.

Archived