m/h purchase?

tazdog6007

put deposit of £2000 on a new m/h at the peterborough show.was told that it is in stock and that it had been at the showroom with my name on it. was told that i would be contacted on monday-tuesday for completion of sale.now thursday evening and heard nothing, bit concerned abought dealing with a company who can't manage a curtersy call.its lowdem leisure by the way. will have to call them to-morrow against my better judgement. >:-(

Hi tazdog I think Lowdham's were being optimistic regarding contacting you so soon after the show. My guess is that Monday & Tuesday would be spend dismantling their stand & returning vehicles back to base. But no excuse for them not contacting Wednesday & Thursday.

update...phoned this morning,salesman i dealt with not in today so god knows when i would have heard .other salesperson found the paperwork and seeming flustered,did not know why i had not been contacted.then gave me the new reg number,and a handover date 10th may.i was led to believe at point of sale that completion would be almost immediate as it was in stock.so...lots of holiday rearranging going on. not the end of the world but i hope their aftersales are better organized :-S

If it is in the showroom I don't understand the delay to 10 May.  The reg number has been issued so I just don't get it................unless they are looking at monthly sales targets in which case? ...well I wouldn't be happy

Without knowing all the details, possibly a little tolerance would be helpful. The m/h probably needs its PDI before being despatched and if they have made a good few sales at the Show, then there will be a queue. Also, there is a May holiday coming up when I am sure the staff will want some time off, so all I can suggest is to cut them a little slack.

Plus salesmen are notorious for being optimistic. Reading some posts it appears that some purchasaed at NEC last year and may not get delivery until May/June. As for the non telephone call, irritating yes, but not the end of the world. You can of course cancel, and try your luck elsewhere if you wish.

Tolerance is hardly helpful when in his first post tazdog said he was told "its in the showroom with his name on it"

It either is or is not ! ... as I suggested go and see them there's no better way. You paid your money and made a verbal contract so why do they not keep to their side of the order.

Thanks all.as a side the guy i spoke too did say they are still dealing with orders from the n.e.c show and are a bit busy. and yes, i did forget may bank hol. so ,as you suggest will cut a bit of slack.(this is a great forem) i would like to see a rally of forem members could be an interesting meet! :-D

Archived