12 VOLT TV

Mickt

• 1 year later...

I've got an Avtex and a Cello on my van and the cheaper Cello is much better, in my opinion.

I'm in France right now and the Avtex won't work, but the Cello still picks up the weakened satellite signal.

Cello do a "Traveller"model - I wold opt for that one, and you can buy them readily from Amazon.

Berniea - 2017-05-29 7:38 AM

I've got an Avtex and a Cello on my van and the cheaper Cello is much better, in my opinion.

I'm in France right now and the Avtex won't work, but the Cello still picks up the weakened satellite signal.

Cello do a "Traveller"model - I wold opt for that one, and you can buy them readily from Amazon.

Probably the aerial, not the TV

PJay

I got an Akura 16" TV a while back and its been good but I cannot find them now. I bought it because it was the lowest power usage TV I could find. 1.2 amps / 14 watts. The sound quality on some of these small TV's can be a bit weak. Ours is ok but if you get one with a USB port you can purchase a set of small USB powered speakers for under a tenner. Generally the bigger you go the more power it will uses.

This one on Ebay seems pretty good on features and power usage. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-12V-ULTRA-SLIM-HD-LED-TV-DVD-PLAYER-FREEVIEW-CARAVAN-BOAT-12-VOLT-/171675728767?hash=item27f8abbb7f:g:sYYAAOSw5cNYGgkw

We bought a vision plus which seemed to have the features of avtex and cheaper. like avtex it is full HD not just HD ready not used much yet in the van but workes a treat in the bedroom

• 1 month later...

We bought a 22 inch LG from Currys and got them to throw in the extended warranty. Sent the TV back twice with "switching on" problems and they repaired it quickly and without fuss, even offered us a loan TV while they repaired ours but that would have been 42 inch - a bit big for our M/H. We specifically bought from Currys for the extended warranty - I think being in the M/H is a bit risker than sitting on the bedside table at home.

I would say that we subsequently swapped our smaller bedroom TV for the M/H's 22 inch one - a bit more comfortable size wise. You can have too big.

Interestingly the 22 inch one will run off 18v DC from the M/H. Plugging in to 12v on the M/H doesn't work but I bought a gizmo from Maplins that upped the 12v to 18v and it works really well. The small Samsung is only 240v mains.

• 11 months later...

We gave up with 12v tv's after the one we bought broke after a couple of trips. Would not switch on, we did get a refund from the supplier. 

We now have a Lenovo Yoga Pro 10 inch Pad, with built in projector, about the same price as a 30 inch 12v tv - but you can take it anywhere. It sits happily in the cupboard over the table projecting onto the kitchen window blind or up on to the over cab bed. We can even have our own drive in 70 inch cinema, projecting it onto the van outside! Needs to be shaded obviously. Thrilled with it as is.

This week we have added a decent Bluetooth Speaker and we have an android tv receiver ready to test this weekend!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
It seems that the TV is more interesting than the area you a on, rather than exploring your surronding space or reading a good book, leave the TV at home and share more time enjoing your suroundings, or just stay home with your Box (lol) Will save you driving some where else to watch the TV

cruiser - 2018-08-22 8:58 AMCello Traveller, excellent value.....but we added a pair of PC monitor speakers (one with the 12v 'bass boost' button)....what a difference to the otherwise tinny sound.

We also have a Cello traveler now 6 years old, we use extension speakers from an old cassette player, proper sound and battery powered.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived