Ducato Glove ? box

flicka

Hi Glove compartment (centre of dash on X250) will not close. Appears the sprung clips to each side are not working. Lock works in the open position, but will not keep it in the closed position. Has anyone had this problem & found a solution ?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Sorry, is that the large bin that drops down? (large gloves!)(or lots of them!)

I recollect that this one is kept closed by the locking catch in the centre.

I have a new one that I bought just for the centre latch, if the rest of it is of use it's available, if I've got the wrong end of the stick; my apologies

regards

alan b

It's all very accessible, and I recall that the springs were indeed the issue. I had to buy the whole "bin" to get a new latch! but got the whole assembly for about £30 as it had been ordered but not collected.

I could send you the latch that I removed, which may be useful for parts?

Try ordering a new latch. I hope you can find a decent Fiat Professional; I'm waiting for some key-codes ordered a month ago!

regards

alan b

£30 that was a bargain I paid about £130 when mine broke. The replacement did work whereas the original never did. I now have a X290 the box now has the catches moved to the side and is much more secure and smooth operating.

Hi polo;

we all need a bit of good fortune now and then!

Sounds like a good improvement on the X290; and I bet the drinks things fit better, getting so that it's the little things that they get right.

I'm not really complaining; I look forward to driving my X250 to far-flung places.

Getting ready to depart for Italy; just finalising route, having booked ferry,

regards

alan b

Yes the 290 feels a bit more refined all round. Also the one we have is a fiat Rapido V55 previous was a Boxer Autocruise so not a direct comparison. The Rapido has the centre glove box/laptop not the new drinks holder a big plus for us. Italy sounds good on our bucket list when have more time.

Archived