motorhome dealers

Keith T

Interesting reading about Cranham, and it does seem totally different results for different people. We do not know them, but have dealt with a number of dealers over the years, and mostly had good service. Now we are looking at possibly changing the present van, and if we can conclude a satisfactory deal willbe buying from Chelston, Somerset. Any experiences to relate here, folks? (good or bad, I guess!)

We bought a motorhome from one of their salesman at the recent NEC show.

He was honest, polite, courteous, very helpful and gave us an excellent deal.

We've yet to visit them 'on-site' as our motorhome will not be ready until next March but if he was anything to go by they seem to be a good outfit (pun intended).

[QUOTE]RonB - 2006-11-23 3:43 PM Keith Look at previous postings on the subject regarding 'Once they have your money, etc' - double it - and thats Chelston. [/QUOTE]

We note you have an opinion on this particular dealer.  Perhaps you would care to elaborate on your experiences when dealing with them as it looks as though you have been severely hard done by? 

Hi Keith I have just picked up my motorhome from Chelstons a fortnight ago, I bought it at the York show in september but because of unforseen problems I could not go for it until I did I kept in touch with chelstons on the phone and they were always helpfull I stopped on there site the first night in my old van with full hook up free changed over to the new van the next day and stopped that night in the new van I found they could not be more helpfull. I think I got a very good deal on the new van and a good deal on the old van There salesman Simon could not have been more helpfull and I could have stopped on there site for as long as I wanted Terry

Hi Terry Yes, that's been my impression so far, and in fact with the same salesman. We're trying to tie up a deal, but only if they meet my realistic p/ex value, although they have made a good discount offer if I sell privately. There are a few issues they are trying to resolve for us with the manufactruers of the new van, but I do get the impression they seem OK and above board. We shall see how things develope, and I'll be itneresetd to hear how you fare with after-sales....?

Archived