chausson again! mirror guards

tazdog6007

tazdog6007 - 2016-05-12 11:33 AM

the mirror guards off the ducato will not fit the ford,anyone know were i can get a pair .the mirrors on the ford tranny really stick out! :-S

Do you want to sell the Ducato mirrorguards?

Looking at it from another direction:

How expensive are the Transit mirrors?..and how "fragile" are they?

I always thought that the main reasons for folk buying these guards was because the Fiat(etc) items were quite easily damaged and expensive to replace....?

Is that still the case with the Transit items?

(..I know the ones on our previous Renault were built like truck mirrors compared to the ones we had on the X250 Boxer)

Ford Transit Mk 6 and Mk 7 mirrors are simple things and it has been claimed that, as pattern replacements are fairly inexpensive, it may not be worth paying for protectors as obtaining a single new mirror may be no more expensive than the cost of a pair of protectors.

Transit Mk 8 mirrors are larger than the Mk 6/7 versions and more like the current Ducato mirrors, with integrated direction indicators on the mirror’s outer edge and the option to fold/unfold the mirrors electrically.

I don’t know if pattern Transit Mk 8 mirrors are available yet or what a Ford agent would charge for a new mirror, but replacement is likely to be a good deal more costly than before.

Oh, I see. I hadn't realised that the OP had a MK 8 Transit..

Just had a look and I see that they've followed the daft trend of sticking the indicators right on the outer edge...just right for stone walls and gate posts.. *-)

(my OH's little Peugeot 207 has the indicator on the base of the stem, where it's just as visible but far less vulnerable..and if she manages to clack that, then a new mirror would probably be the least of our worries).

I have been trying for over ten months to find mirror guards for the Mark 8 Trannie. If anybody hears of any, could they please post on here, but I believe that the mirrors fitted to coachbuilts e.g. Chausson, differ from the mirrors on panel van conversions. So be careful.

DonB - 2016-05-12 5:01 PM

I have been trying for over ten months to find mirror guards for the Mark 8 Trannie. If anybody hears of any, could they please post on here, but I believe that the mirrors fitted to coachbuilts e.g. Chausson, differ from the mirrors on panel van conversions. So be careful.

Photos show that the mirrors fitted to a Transit Mk 8 panel van have a single ‘arm’, whereas the mirrors used on a Transit Mk 8-based Chausson clearly have two arms (and they do indeed stick out a long way!)

938385491_chaussonmirrors.jpg.48ebd25970964b1d7c870a086d3c6969.jpg

I notice that Transit Mk 8 ‘short arm’ replacement mirrors are advertised here

https://www.driveden.com/car-parts-c2/ford-t8530#t8531:t10154

I’ve attached another Chausson photo that shows the mirror more clearly, and as well as having two arms it looks like the shape of the Chausson mirror’s body may also differ from the panel-van’s. (As DonB advised, care would be needed when obtaining protective covers.)

Chausson.jpg.97c17f24dc972f56f53c3cafde5f6264.jpg

Archived