falkirk wheel

Excel duo

Has anyone been to the Falkirk Wheel recently. Planning a trip to the west coast of Scotland next week and want to stop there on the way back. What is the parking situation. I have heard that you can park overnight but there is nothing at all on the official wheel website, nothing about any sort of parking in fact, lots of other stuff though. I did hear that a motorhome club stayed there when they were on a tour of Scotland, but that might have been a one off. I have been looking at camp sites and there doesn't seem to be anything nearby at all either. Hopefully one of you will be able to supply some information. I have got the rest of my trip sorted, got some good tips for camp sites and free camping from the forum. Colin M

In 2014 I stayed in the car park overnight by prior arrangement charge £10 which included entitlement to use showers in admin building which is provided for narrowboat etc at the marina. The car park is patrolled by a securtity guard during the night. Give the Falkirk Wheel staff a phone to discuss. I found them very helpful.

When in the area don't miss a trip to the Kelpies two giant equestrian sculptures a bit like the angel of the north in concept but visually more stunning IMHO.

It is a few years ago that we visited the Wheel.in june from a ccc rally

there was plenty of parking, but I dont remember if you could or could not stay overnight.

I do remember that there is a caravan club cl relatively closeby, so if you are a member, check that out.

enjoy your visit.

tonyg3nwl

Archived