Norway

peterjl

Hi I had hoped to travel to lappland for snow shoeing and northern lights by Maggie has damaged her Knee and Doc says no snowshoing etc - spoil sport. An alternative is to travel as far north as i can in the motor home earlish in the year. I recall there was an article in MMM on driving up Norway to North Cape - i've looked back but blowed if i can find it - i'm sure it said road was kept open. the questions are:- Does anybody remeber the article and which issue was it in Is the road N up Norway really kept clear and is it practicle to drive up in say April? I don't mind the cold but will the van take it (a newish Hobby) any thoughts ideas much appreciated Peter

Hi Peter, This link will give all the info on the forum regarding Norway http://tinyurl.com/y2u8xv We went to Nord Cap in May and there was still plenty of snow about but the main roads were clear. If you left it till late April to leave you should be OK. You can always check the weather web cams as you go north also the tourist office will also help out. Don

Archived