First timer!!! HELP

dazzer999

Hello everyone, my wife and I need help. We have bought a Talbot Voyager 3 1991, H reg. 2.5 diesel, 4 berth. When we purchased it privately we were not shown round the vehicle and so we do not know exactly how to use the equipment and we also need advise re what tv aerial/dish type to buy. Solar power good or bad option. We have a converter, what does it do and how do you use it. I would appreciate any help, as stated this is our first motorhome and we can't wait to get out there! One more thing where can we purchase second hand spares, where can we buy a manual re the Talbot etc etc etc. Please, can someone help. My email is darren359&btinternet.com.

Darren, I don't know what David has mailed you but if you need spares for the Talbot Delfin Designs at http://www.delfindesigns.co.uk/ are a good starting place. Don PS, I think Darren will get much more info if it all goes through the Forum and then we can see what's been posted.

Hi and welcome to the world of Motorhomes,you say you have a converter , I think you may mean an INVERTER if so ,this is a device that changes 12 volt power from your batteries to 230 /240 volt mains electricity .it will depend on the ammount of 12 volt power you have IE number of batteries and their rating as to how long you can produce 230 volt power from the inverter and on what the inverter is rated to produce in WATTS.You must also have some means of recharging said batteries IE Solar Panels ,wind generator ,mains hookup charging or from the vehicles alternator.,hope this helps regards Malc .. *-) *-)

Hi Darren, A status 530 aerial is better than an omni directional one. Satellite system is better but automatic system is expensive but better than fiddling with a sat dish etc. Solar pannels are worth the money I feel and as I have a battery master fitted to the vehicle battery this is kept topped up by the solar power/leisure battery so is good when stationary for any length of time. We had ours fitted by Solar Solutions and haven't had any problems. Rita

Hi ,another good webb site to visit is motorhomefacts.com lots of info there ,you will need to sign up to it ,free and can then make ten postings after that you must subscribe for ten pounds a year ,try it you may like it andwant to subscribe.

Archived