D R L's Side light replacement

Ris

Ours is a 2014 Auto trail Savannah and unfortunately I have broken the last nearside dark yellow light and bulb. Can anyone assist in letting me know the correct name for this item and better still where I can source a replacement. No damage caused to the body work, screws still in place.

I look forward to hearing from someone if possible.

regards RIS

off thread, but can I ask if its legal to "switch off" DRL's were these are fitted by the vehicle manufacturer. I don't like them, I think they are just too blingy for my likeing.

I know someone will say they're for safety reasons, but the ques is can they be switched off legally?

Ris

If you are talking about the orange side marker lights they are available at West Country Motorhomes for £8.44. Had to put a new one on my 2015 Autotrail Apache after a steel post in a car park decided to break one of mine when I was trying to reverse into a tricky spot. The name on the packet showed the supplier as Johnnie Longden Ltd who may only supply the trade. Their website is www.caravanspares.com

Regards

John

Ris - 2016-07-05 2:28 PM

Ours is a 2014 Auto trail Savannah and unfortunately I have broken the last nearside dark yellow light and bulb. Can anyone assist in letting me know the correct name for this item and better still where I can source a replacement. No damage caused to the body work, screws still in place.

I look forward to hearing from someone if possible.

regards RIS

It does not sound like a DRL, just one of the amber marker lights that come on with the sidelights. There are plenty available online, maybe at a Motor Factors like Euro Car Parts.

Here. http://www.truckware.co.uk/acatalog/LED_Marker_Lamps.html

Leisure Shop Direct sell all kinds of marker lights for motorhomes. It will be made either by Jokon or Hella (it should say on the lens)

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/search/?q=amber%20marker%20lights

Thanks to all who responded and to 747 who put me right in pointing out that the light in question is not part of the DRLs maybe that was why I was unable to find a replacement. I will follow up all of the suggestions.

What a forum to find assistance this is.

Many thanks Ris.

Archived