2007 Fiat Ducato 3.0 EGR Electrovalve Question

trialsrider

Hi there. First posting on here so go easy on me. The injector / ignition engine light came on in my ducato motorhome. Typically it was just as we were leaving to go on a short holiday. Decided to proceed as no change in performance or consumption was noted. When home I checked all the clickfit injector connectors and blew any crud out of them with an airline. I noticed that the electrovalve hanging from the scuttle has 3 vacuum pipes attatched to it. The right hand side one (looking from front of engine bay) which goes to the egr had perished and was just about connected to the egr. The left hand one is connected to a creamy brown coloured metal pipe. But the bottom pipe is connected to nothing. It simply goes nowhere. Is this bottom pipe on the electrovalve supposed to go anywhere? I temporarily replaced the perished pipe to the egr with some motorcycle fuel pipe I had as it was the same inner diameter. Started up van and no warning light. Would the perished pipe have caused the light to come on or would it have been a loose injector connection ? Or none of these ? Your help would be much appreciated. Gareth

Hello and welcome,

I don't have a Euro 4 3.0 in at the moment to look at but if you have one pipe going to the EGR valve then the opposite side should be attached to the brake vacuum line. The central one is just an 'exhaust' and should have a little plastic silencer attached to it. You should be able to spot a 'T' piece somewhere at the back of the engine that has nothing or a loose rubber hose connected to it. That would be your missing pipe!

Nick

euroserv - 2016-07-08 4:29 PM

Hello and welcome,

I don't have a Euro 4 3.0 in at the moment to look at but if you have one pipe going to the EGR valve then the opposite side should be attached to the brake vacuum line. The central one is just an 'exhaust' and should have a little plastic silencer attached to it. You should be able to spot a 'T' piece somewhere at the back of the engine that has nothing or a loose rubber hose connected to it. That would be your missing pipe!

Nick

Nick

Many thanks for your response. Much appreciated. I will have a look and let you know. I thought it should be connected to something. Do you think the perished hose to the egr that was half on could have caused the light to illuminate or would it have been the injector connectors?

Regards

Gareth

These are not known for injector connection problems. That ended with the old 2.8JTD.

What would have happened was that the manifold pressure sensor took a measurement and it was not as expected. The ECU responded by actuating the EGR valve and the pressure did not change because of the lack of a vacuum pipe to operate it.

If this pipe has been detatched for a while and no faults were seen before now this would indicate that something else is not right, and the lack of a vacuum supply is even more puzzling. I say enjoy it while it's working!

The central one is just an 'exhaust' and should have a little plastic silencer attached to it. You should be able to spot a 'T' piece somewhere at the back of the engine that has nothing or a loose rubber hose connected to it. That would be your missing pipe!

Nick

Hi Nick

I had a good look last night (without ramps) and couldn't see any loose pipe. The central pipe coming off the electrovalve looks like nothing has ever been connected to it. The loose end is not stretched as you would expect it to look like had it been attached to a t piece or spiggot type thing in the past. Where would the other end of this central hose terminate so that I can look for it ? Also if I cant find it, will the central.pipe do any harm not being connected to anything?

Archived