rear light 08 Boxer

athiest

Hi all, a light came on my dashboard which told me that a lamp was not working. It was the nearside rear side light of my 2008 Peugeot Avantgard 145. On checking I found out that no voltage was getting to the light fitting, a double filament bulb also serving the stop light which still works. The manual does not show a separate fuse to the rear lights & the cable to the fitting contacts is OK. But I was wondering if Compass had fitted fuses to the rear lights somewhere during the rebuild. Any help would be very welcome before I start removing the tape around the cables to check for a break. My OB1 plug in unit shows no faults. Cheers "A"

Should be a small box half way down the chassis that connects the Fiat electrics to the converters, if the fault is after the box you should be able to find it, if before could be a Canbus fault.

Have you checked there is a good earth on the lamps as converters rear lights are very poor quality and twin filament bulbs can still light up with an earth fault as the return current can flow via the other filament

Hi lennyhb, the stop lamp does not light up when the side lights are on so I think that the earth should be ok. I was waiting for advise from someone on the site before taking it any further. I will check for a connection box on the chassis first & go from there. Thanks for your' help. "A"

Hi lennyhb again. I did not find a junction box but did find a 10 cable plug & socket just behind the nearside rear wheel. I can not see how to get this apart but after pulling & pushing the plug & socket the light now works. I would like to do the job properly so need someone to tell me the correct way to get them apart please? "A"

Archived