Dogs to Holland

charlie

Hi, Does anyone know of a vet (English Speaking) somewhere in the vicinity of Alkmaar, Amsterdam or the Hook of Holland - we are hoping to go next spring, previously have always used the Calais crossing and used a French vet near St Omer but, as we are going further north this time we thought we would save mileage and go Harwich to Hook of Holland. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Hi Whilst i can't help i am very interested in any replies you get. I have been planning a trip to Norway and with no direct ferry that will take dogs Harwich to the hook looks favorite. That said i am running into probelms in working out if i can take dog into Norway or at least the process involved. Its starting to look almost too complicated! Peter

[QUOTE]peterjl - 2006-11-27 9:52 PM Hi Whilst i can't help i am very interested in any replies you get. I have been planning a trip to Norway and with no direct ferry that will take dogs Harwich to the hook looks favorite. That said i am running into probelms in working out if i can take dog into Norway or at least the process involved. Its starting to look almost too complicated! Peter[/QUOTE] Peter, There should be no problem in taking your dog to Norway. See http://tinyurl.com/ewh3z Don

Hi Many thanks for looking into this. From my point of view the problem in the Norwegian regulation http://www.norway.org.uk/ that are much stricter than EU. A second blood test is required after 125 days and before 365 days + extra treatments for tapeworm both before and after you arrive in Norway - the total cost is significant plus all the inconvernience. By contrast UK and regs in eu are a walk in the park (jess always enjoys that!) Many thanks again Peter

Archived