PEUGEOT OR IVECO?

Alleycat

I have just been told by a garage checking a fault on my PEUGEOT BOXER 2.8 HDI THAT THE ENGINE FITTED IS IN FACT AN IVECO !! Is this a normal thing or have I been done .I have owned this mh from new and have always believed it to be a PEUGEOT

OK.

First of all; this is perfectly normal.

Iveco is a part of the Fiat empire and engines made by FPT (Fiat Powertrain Technologies) will contain parts that are stamped with FPT, Fiat or Iveco. These engines are fitted to Iveco Daily, Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Relay plus some Renault vans.

FPT also supplies engines to Vauxhall/Opel, Ford and many others.

Hope this helps.

Nick

In a sense there is no such thing as "a Peugeot Van" (or a Rolls Royce car for that matter) because every modern vehicle is made from thousands of components and these components will come from a variety of sources and countries. Engine development is vastly expensive hence collaboration between manufacturers, and commercial relationships with suppliers mean that a manufacturing group will use economies of scale in purchasing and use components over a variety of platforms. For that reason I tend to chuckle at the proposition the "German/British/French/Japanese vehicles are best. Surprises also as to where things are built for example some Porsche bodyshells are built in Slovakia

Archived