Motorhome dealers

Dpal3

All Dealerships vary, some are better than others and some are excellent. It depends a lot on the quality of staff employed at any particular one, and their commitment to after sales service.

Marquis have 11 Dealerships nationwide. If the OP is unhappy with the sevice he is receiving, I suggest he writes to their head office. However, that should be the last resort as it's always best to try and resolve the issues face to face with the Dealership in question.

I bought a van through Marquis at the NEC. The salesman was based in the Poole branch but everything was organised for me to deal with through the Plymouth branch as that was the nearest Marquis branch to my home.

I would have to say that the service was fantastic. If any warranty issues occurred I would e mail them from France or Spain so that arrangements could be made for the issues to be dealt with en roue to my home. All the parts were ordered so that they would be available on the prescribed day. In fact they even paid for their fitter to come into work early so that my work could be done at my convenience.

I suppose at the end of the day it is about the quality of staff and their service manager (Alison) couldn't have been more helpful.

The fact they have a large branch network means any warranty issues can be dealt with at the nearest branch to your home thus avoiding the long distances that can often be necessary when buying from a dealer far away.

When owning our previous motorhome Marquis/Autosleepers turned out to be the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with, including at boardroom level. I speak as an ex distributor of medical products dealing with hundreds of companies.

yes Ron, I was a salesman for a large company and if I had treated my Customers as they treated me I would have been on my bike many years ago, but any company is only as good as the staff that run it but it is the example from the management that shapes the depot, in the end, auto sleeper handled the warranty work including the after fit accessories that Marquis had fitted (I use that word loosely, as most of what they fitted fell into that category.

Pete

breakaleg - 2016-08-15 2:55 PM

yes Ron, I was a salesman for a large company and if I had treated my Customers as they treated me I would have been on my bike many years ago, but any company is only as good as the staff that run it but it is the example from the management that shapes the depot, in the end, auto sleeper handled the warranty work including the after fit accessories that Marquis had fitted (I use that word loosely, as most of what they fitted fell into that category.

Pete

Marquis and Autosleeper are part of the same company.

In reply to the previous posting, in the 25 years or so we have had MHs, I have never come across any diagnostic work being charged for under warranty period. Anything needing such surely must be covered otherwise how can it be resolved under the terms of the warranty.

In response tot the OP, I have to say my experience of Marquis leads me not to want to use them.

We were potentially interested in one of their Majestic vehicles, so called at one of the outlets, where it wasn't in stock, ( I don't think there were any elsewhere either), but got very short shrift from the Salesman who clearly wasn't interested in our requirements.

We are looking to change the motorhome shortly, and they will NOT be on the list of dealers/vehicles we look at. ..and that's only the Sales side..we have aso heard several after-sales matters which would not enamour them to us!

Keith T - 2016-08-17 12:50 AM

In response tot the OP, I have to say my experience of Marquis leads me not to want to use them.

We were potentially interested in one of their Majestic vehicles, so called at one of the outlets, where it wasn't in stock, ( I don't think there were any elsewhere either), but got very short shrift from the Salesman who clearly wasn't interested in our requirements.

We are looking to change the motorhome shortly, and they will NOT be on the list of dealers/vehicles we look at. ..and that's only the Sales side..we have aso heard several after-sales matters which would not enamour them to us!

Must say, that was my experience of them some years ago when thinking of buying a Compass Drifter - went to Brownhills of all places and they satisfied my requirements. Haven't even looked at Marquis since.

David

Archived