Buying a Van in Spain

Errol518

Hello all,

In a few months, I'm planning to buy a van in Spain and go full timing in Europe for a while/years/forever!

I googled a few sellers - AutoCaravan de Sol, Eurodog and M/H Cheshire on the Costa del Sol. There are a few more on the South East coast - Autocaravan OSITO, Cruz and Caravans Murcia.

Undecided at the moment whether to go for new or used. It is apparent that the 2nd hand market is very much smaller when compared the UK so can anybody recommend any other sellers or have had any experiences in dealing with the sellers I've listed.

I live in Gibraltar so getting around the south coast is 'relatively' easy for me. I have a NIE and a Spanish bank account.

TIA

Errol

Randonneur - 2016-08-16 12:12 PM

If I remember rightly M/H Cheshire are E.S.Hartley, they have 2 outlets in UK at Ellesmere Port and Kendal.

I guess the OP wishes to buy in Spain to avoid the hassle of trying to register a foreign van in Spain?

Robbo - 2016-08-16 1:32 PM

Randonneur - 2016-08-16 12:12 PM

If I remember rightly M/H Cheshire are E.S.Hartley, they have 2 outlets in UK at Ellesmere Port and Kendal.

I guess the OP wishes to buy in Spain to avoid the hassle of trying to register a foreign van in Spain?

It's a vague website - it has, apparently, an outlet just outside Malaga but has vans for sale in sterling. And yes, I would prefer to but in Spain as I'm hoping for it to be less hassle.

http://www.autocaravanascds.com/motorhomes-chesire

We have bought 2 Motorhomes in Spain the first was second hand which we exchanged for a New one in May Second hand are expensive and New ones incur tax which varies on Region we are in Murcia which is 4% for purchase but we also had to Pay a leisure tax as we have no disabled certificate, Dispite this we paid much less for our new Challenger 398eb than similar ones in UK. The company we dealt with both times was Carravannas Sangar they have a website and their service is fantastic nothing to much trouble. They are Located near Cartegena.

Archived