Camping on the West Coast of Portugal

yoko8pups

We found this campsite this weekend You can see it on their Facebook page, Camping da Figueira. It has wifi. It is simple, no shop, club, bar or restaurante but is is on the edge of a village easy 5 min walk to a bar, shop and cafe. Two kilometres walk in the other direction takes you to a remote beach with no cars able to reach it so very peaceful. It is nearest Salema for tourist beaches but also very near Sagres and the beautiful Costa Vincentina national park. It is very reasonably priced but I don't feel I should put the prices here so pm me if youre interested.

pelmetman - 2016-09-20 2:38 PM

Anybody know of any sites on the East coast of Portugal? :D ...........

HA Ha!!

I guess the OP was trying to distinguish between the West (Atlantic coast) and the Med coast.

I guess you never went to the EAST coast when in the navy???

PJay

PJay - 2016-09-20 3:36 PM

HA Ha!!

I guess the OP was trying to distinguish between the West (Atlantic coast) and the Med coast.

PJay

Portugal doesn't have a Mediterranean coast.

Guest pelmetman

HA Ha!!

PJay

Been all round the Med several times.......even been to the South coast of Portugal for a banyan B-) .....

As far as I'm aware the South coast of Portugal is still in the Atlantic, as I believe the Straits of Gibraltar is the meeting place for the Med/Atlantic? :-S .......

pelmetman - 2016-09-20 4:05 PM

HA Ha!!

PJay

Been all round the Med several times.......even been to the South coast of Portugal for a banyan B-) .....

As far as I'm aware the South coast of Portugal is still in the Atlantic, as I believe the Straits of Gibraltar is the meeting place for the Med/Atlantic? :-S .......

Yes you are right The med starts at Gib. My geography , is getting a little rusty. Mind you since I learnt it , lot,s of countries have changed names, and a lot of new ones have been made!

PJay

The campsite you are on about has been there for two years, we used to own a holiday complex adjacent to the site and it is a lovely village and the restaurant there is superb value for money ,but the beach is not always empty as the car park at the beginning of the walk holds about fifty cars

Archived