Where can we get 10mm plastic hose & fittings?

Vixter

We've been having a few water-related problems (it happens, when you get on a bit...) and have had to fit a new water pump. While checking all this out we have discovered a real can of worms and need to replace some of the ancient and drippy pipework and fittings.

So far we have been unable to find flexible, clear plastic hose, elbows and tees in 10mm (yes, we have tried CAK tanks!), it seems that 12mm is the norm.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Vixter

Hi Vixter- If you have no luck with the 10mm hose and fittings , it may be possible to use a 12mm hose coupler by heating up the end of the 10mm hose with very hot water and sweating it in, then complete task in 12mm. I am sure you can get 10mm clear brewers hose from wine making type shops but not sure of the range of fittings for it. Regards chas

We've tried the hot water, didn't work! Too much of a stretch for the old hose, it's been there for 16 years and I guess it's just too old and brittle. Will check out the brewers hose - but we have a leaking tee...hmmm, so it goes on!

Hi Vixter- Just check www.towsure.com and they have a 1/2"-3/8" straight coupler C127 for 85p fit that on at start of hose run and continue in modern 1/2" work. I would have thought that any decent caravan shop near you would have had them though. Good Luck. chas

Thanks Chas, will have to run that past the Other Half.

We have been staying in Newport & tried Mendip caravans, they didn't have 10mm and couldn't order it, only 12mm.

Have just arrived in Cirencester, will be checking local caravan/motorhome dealers

Regards

Vixter

Hi Vixter, I know its a long way away from you at the moment but with mail order etc it may be possible, I bought a similar pipe from a company called Crop Services in Kelso (number via directory) they stocked all sorts of plastic pipe on the roll buy by the meter. I hope its of some use.

oorgiz

John Guest manufacture loads of small bore stuff and fittings - check out their website. Saying that though I am looking for 8mm od 6mm id food quality hose and it is difficult buying less than 30m You could try All Pure Limited Byfleet as they supply hose (pipe) and fittings. Hope to buy some off them myself.

Archived