X250 / X290 ?

nuevoboy

Hi folks, just treated ourselves to a new Adria Compact Plus SL (not the '17 version with slide-out!).

It looks as if our 'van was manufactured around November 2015 and there are a few stickers in the 'van with various code numbers that start with X250, so that's what I'm guessing we've got.

I thought it'd be on the chassis plate but can't seem to find any reference there.

Anyway, I was just wondering when the X290's went into production. Any ideas please?

nuevoboy.

The VIN numbers for the X290 stayed within the ZFA250...... series, so I wouldn't bet on it.

It is likely to be an X290 unless the chassis was in store for some time.

The easy giveaway is the front-end shape, and in particular the headlights, which are very different:

The X290 front is like this (from my other thread here):

Gleisweiler1.jpg.affbb01704514f1f132b5f3f82ea1694.jpg

Hi Brian, The current model Ducato was launched in the UK around July 2014 from memory. If you search Ducato on this site there are a number of discussions on this topic with excellent input (as usual) from Derek Uzzell. As already highlighted the headlights are the most obvious difference. cheers,

Thanks chaps. Our headlights look like the current version, so it looks like we do have a 290 then.

That's probably the reason why the speedo is hard to read in bright light; I had heard there's a mod for it but don't fancy anyone meddling around with the dashboard just yet!

And it looks like I'll have to change my username too. I take it you guys looked up my profile for my real name or was it my avatar that gave it away?

Cheers.

the only other issue I have heard of is whether the engine is Euro 5 or 6. It seems that some of the first X290 models still had the Euro 5 engine fitted on models supplied by dealers in summer this year. The maijn difference seems to be emiisions control which may affect the tax bracket, but others more informed can state whether this is true or not.

Dave225 - 2016-10-04 4:23 PM

the only other issue I have heard of is whether the engine is Euro 5 or 6. It seems that some of the first X290 models still had the Euro 5 engine fitted on models supplied by dealers in summer this year. The maijn difference seems to be emiisions control which may affect the tax bracket, but others more informed can state whether this is true or not.

The reason I raised tthis is mmy neighbour took delivery of a nw van in JUne and he told me it was Euro 5. However, his base vehicle is Citroen and the Peugeot/Citroen engine is different from Fiat, so that may be where the difference lies.

The early X290, i.e. from late 2014 up until the latest '2017' models was a Euro 5+ which had better emission levels than the Euro 5 but did not quite achieve Euro 6 levels. Those of us who owned one hoped they might have had an upgrade kit to bring it in-line with Euro 6 but no deal.

Alan

nuevoboy - 2016-10-05 12:37 AMThanks chaps.  That's probably the reason why the speedo is hard to read in bright light; I had heard there's a mod for it but don't fancy anyone meddling around with the dashboard just yet!Cheers.

The fix for the speedo lights is a software update. I had mine updated last Friday does make a difference. Again if you search this forum there has been a large amount of discussion on the topic.

Cheers,

Archived