Getting older

Guest TC01

howardtcz - 2006-12-14 6:05 PM

TC01 - 2006-12-14 5:38 PM

No he don’t, he can’t even be quiet without telling people he’s being quiet.

No he don,t?. Disappointing that Tony as your grammer as been top notch so far. 8-)

Thanks for pointing that out Howard, My old House Master warned that conversing with the lower middle classes could have an adverse consequence on one’s my grammar.

shallowthroat - 2006-12-14 5:45 PM

Is this a joke? Can someone really be so stupid as to drive around with pots bubbling on a gas ring? Just imagine the fun you'd have in a severe crash when the boiling Lancashire Hotpot splattered all over the back of your neck, although to be fair you probably wouldn't notice it, as the pan, which had just struck you at 60 mph would have knocked your head off.

Please tell me that you're winding us up.

The above is Frank's reply to your first 'Cooking on the move' post. Not only did I find it funnier than yours but is this the reply of someone who thinks that it's serious? Frank's main argument is that you are a troublemaker who enjoys stirring things up. I agree. He also thinks that you are basically a nasty person. I think that your tirade above proves it. It's also interesting how you hold in contempt all the posters about other subjects. They may have been aired before but not everyone knows that.

Why are you intent on causing trouble and posting ambiguous threads designed to show whether or not the average member thinks them serious or not? Remember, everyone isn't as clever as TC101 and some of us lesser mortals may be taken in.

Did you know that the inability to understand sarcasm/irony has been linked with autism?

howardtcz - 2006-12-15 10:36 AM

Never had much call for writing before I retired Tony, which is why I pointed it out as i,m always looking for good examples to follow. To prove my point i,ve just learned how to spell "grammar" the right way. Howard.

Howard, you’ve shamed me into confessing that I’m crap at writing. I mostly type my replies into a word document where it’s checked for grammar and spelling errors, I then cut and paste it into the forum.

Sounds to complicated for me Tony. Wouldn,t it be easier to use a dictionary. The one i,ve got is looking the worse for wear now and needs replacing, but its been worth its weight in gold when it comes to spelling and explaining what some words mean. Howard.

Hi Howard, the 11th edition of the Concise Oxford English Dictionary is available on CD-ROM for less than £10 and with a shortcut to it on your desktop you have "instant access to over 240,000 words, phrases and definitions". If you have sound on it will also say the 'correct' pronunciation for each headword. I wouldn't be without it, certainly worth having IMO.

Phil.

Sounds like a great little gizmo Phil and it will make a ideal gift for my son who,s always on the computor. I,m trying to keep things simple for myself, and using the dictionary is no hardship plus I often get sidetracked with other interesting things while going through it.

The one I have is around 20 years old so it needs updating (another Christmas present idea if I drop enough hints) but thanks all the same. Howard.

Archived