Sunblinds

Wingpete

I am trying to find sun blinds to cover the side windows on my Ducato based Laika. The original ones are screwed onto the head lining by two screws, and seem to be only able to function in an "up" or "down" position.

I have looked at various car accessory shops, but none have such a device.

The only ones that come near are the soft screens with nursery logo's that cover most of a window.

I am fed up with having to shield the eyes when driving on a route when the sun is directly from the side, at eye level. Darn dangerous.

Anyone know of alternative solution ?

maybe not a good idea to block your side windows whilst driving. you maybe stopped by the police. us uses ordinary domestic blinds in our a class, the ones you can adjust to any position up or down as you will with a cord. saw some mini versions the other day, but her was xmas shopping so wouldnt let us have any money. twas in bodmin i think orwas it in withiel. anyhow it works for us like.

fred

No intention of shutting out vision, just trying to keep sun out of eyes when drivig.

The shades fitted drop down only to the front, but strong sunlight in the side windows is equally hazardous when driving where the sun is continuously shining across the eyes.

The original shades do not swivel, as my car ones do.

Wingpete

You could try rummaging around a breakers, to see if any car or van front screen shades would fit above the doors. Most have screw attachments under the lining. May be lucky & find some the same colour.

Alternatively you may be able to get just the swivel type to replace your existing front shades.

Flicka

How about Mother care .

they make this stuff that is supposed to protect your glass from children breaking it and having a really bad accident ...to save the child.

but it comes in a roll and you can get clear or tinted . we have on the glass patio doors ......any help.

Forgot to say around £6 a roll and its rather like cling film but stronger allowing your window to go up and down never have to remove it stays there constantly

Guest Frank Wilkinson
I've seen people fit a graduated strip across the top of their windscreens. They're a few inches deep and start fairly dark at the top and gradually lighten towards the bottom. Perhaps one of these would fit on both side windows if cut in half? I know what you mean though, low winter sun is very irritating.

Buy yourself a Bush Hat, the original thin materialed rabbit hair type, they're soft and bendy and will cater for bright sun at the side as you can bend the brim down where ever you like. If its too hard and new then kick it around the yard for a while till it becomes flexible.

The 'posh'looking ones are not good for bending.

bill h

Archived