Swift Kontiki 669 2007

pegasus23

I as above I have a Swift Kontiki 669 I seem to have a problem with the Trauma heating, if I chose to use the electric system I cant seem to get the blower to work on this type. but if I turn both dials down for gas water and heater it works fine but using a lot of gas.

can any one steer me in the right directions (>) :-D

I’m guessing that your Kon-tiki has a Truma C-6002EH combination air/water heater. (If not, you better say which model of heater it does have.) ;-)

A C-6002EH’s operation can be confusing if the user is unfamiliar with this type of heater and/or has not got Truma’s Operating Instructions for it. These instructions can be found here

https://dealernew.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma_Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/34010_03500.pdf

If you rotate the Power Selector Switch clockwise to its bottom position, you’ll be selecting ‘mixed’ operation by gas AND 230V (1800W). If you then rotate the Control Panel’s outer-ring clockwise to its bottom position, you’ll be selecting ‘Winter Mode’ (air heating with hot water requirement).

For 230V operation only, you first need to rotate the Power Selector Switch anti-clockwise to its top position (Electric operation 1800W) or 2nd-from-top position (Electric operation 900W). Next rotate the Control Panel’s outer-ring clockwise to its bottom position or 2nd-from-bottom position. Then turn the Control Panel’s rotary room-temperature dial to its highest setting (“9”) and the blown-air fan should begin to run.

I had this question when I first got my kontiki 645, same 'problem' blower powerful on gas but almost none existent on electric, the answer I got from memory, this is quite normal as electric element not that powerful so requires little effort from fan, gas runs a lot hotter so requires full effect of fan, my answer a little vauge I know I am far from a knowledgeable person on motorhomes, but I hope I have got the answer maybe someone can elaborate a bit better then me :-(

Thewad

That’s indeed the case...

A Truma C-6002EH has three gas-burner settings (2kW, 4kW or 6kW) and the heater’s blown-air fan runs at a speed appropriate to the burner setting. At 2kW the fan speed is quite low and makes little noise, whereas at 6kW the fan speed is high and sounds like a jet engine.

A Truma C6002EH has two 230V heat-output settings (900W = 0.9kW or 1800W = 1.8kW) so the blown-air fan will never run very fast (or very noisily) when the heater is operating just on 230V. Having said that, if air heating via 230V-only is chosen (and the instructions I gave above are followed) the blown-air fan SHOULD run and, even though the volume of air being moved by the fan will be relatively low, it should still be possible to feel a gentle warm breeze wafting out of the warm-air outlets.

Archived