SCHAUDT LRS 1214 SOLAR CONTROLLER

Phill Fougere

Hi Folks,I have a Dethleffs Globebus I3 Registered 2008. At the time of purchase I had a 120W Solar panel installed interfacing with a Schaudt LRS 1214 solar controller which interfaces with an EBL220/DT220B system. In a recent thread there has been much discussion about the LR1218 Solar Controller which provides significant Data to the DT220B. The only Solar information presented on the DT220B control panel is Solar Charging Current. The only reason you know that it is Solar current is that with engine OFF and EHU disconnected the current displayed can only come from the Solar panel. There are no identifying icons or wording to confirm this.

My question to you is what display data can I expect from an LRS1214?? Should I replace the LRS1214 with an LR1218 or LRM1218 to get a full display?

Heads up AandNCaravan please.

Phill

Not fitted a LRS1214 for some years, but if it has been installed correctly and has the data cable, it should supply the data to the EBL 220 on Solar specific voltages and current.

This is then viewable in it's own section on the DT220 display which will appear when the Solar Fitter 'adds' the Solar Sun Icon.

If you look on our Schaudt page : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/schaudt-elektroblock.php about half way down the page you will see a picture of a DT201 (similar to your DT220) showing the configured Solar Icon. At the bottom of the page are the instructions for the DT201, again similar set-up.

I think that instructions on how to set up a DT220 can be found here on the Solar Page : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/lr-1218.php

When I get a chance later I will confirm and respond back here.

Schaudt LRS 1214 does have the same data outputs as the later Solar Chargers, see photo.

Only primary difference to the later LR 1218 is that it has a slightly smaller Solar Panel size restriction.

Check you have the data cable installed running from the two Signal connectors on the LRS 1214 to BL10 on the EBL 101.

The DT 220 Operating Inst. can be found here : http://www.aandncaravanservices.co.uk/solar-power.php

1364701793_SchaudtLRS1214.jpg.d50e922b47a89d246a48d36fc07fa5e2.jpg

Thank you A&N for your previous replies. To clarify the solar data connections in my system. The data output of the LRS1214 is connected to the EBL220 BL9 pins 1&2. From BL9 the data signal is connected internally to output on EBL220 BL10 pins 6&7. From EBL220 BL10 pins 6&7 the data signal is routed to the DT220B control box connector X1 pins 6&7.

It looks as if the data wiring is complete.

With reference to the DT220B manual Para 5.5.2 Battery Menu. It advises that the "Read Solar Current" option must be active. Only the vehicle manufacturer can activate it at a later date. It would appear that the "Read Solar Current" option is not activated. Can this be activated without involving the vehicle manufacturer?

Another reference in the A&N data advises that the LRS1214 can only provide charging current to the Leisure battery. An additional component LR03 is required. In my system the LRS1214 has the Starter Battery and Leisure Battery Charging outputs and ground fed directly to the EBL220 BL5. Please comment.

Phill

Phill Fougere - 2016-11-18 12:39 PM

Thank you A&N for your previous replies. To clarify the solar data connections in my system. The data output of the LRS1214 is connected to the EBL220 BL9 pins 1&2. From BL9 the data signal is connected internally to output on EBL220 BL10 pins 6&7. From EBL220 BL10 pins 6&7 the data signal is routed to the DT220B control box connector X1 pins 6&7.

It looks as if the data wiring is complete.

With reference to the DT220B manual Para 5.5.2 Battery Menu. It advises that the "Read Solar Current" option must be active. Only the vehicle manufacturer can activate it at a later date. It would appear that the "Read Solar Current" option is not activated. Can this be activated without involving the vehicle manufacturer?

Another reference in the A&N data advises that the LRS1214 can only provide charging current to the Leisure battery. An additional component LR03 is required. In my system the LRS1214 has the Starter Battery and Leisure Battery Charging outputs and ground fed directly to the EBL220 BL5. Please comment.

Phill

The comment on the website pages is for the early LR 1214, not the LRS 1214, it states : "Note that the older LR 1214 only charges the Habitation battery".

The 'S' designation on the later LRS 1214 denotes it is Starter battery capable.

If the unit is wired using the data cable, as it appears to be, then you can set up the DT220 by following the instructions in the manual published on the web site or Robin Hoods suggestion. You just need the PIN code.

The PIN for a Dethleffs 4520, I think?

The PIN for a Hymer is 8251

The PIN for a Frankia is 6181

The PIN for a Adria 1418.

Archived