Spain

snail

Hi, winter run down to spain through france, would like suggested stop near to Tereul

Taking route from cap breton aire , irun, pamplona, Zaragoza, Tereul, onto coast at sagunt

Stoping on the aire at cascante, would like next stop to be at Tereul, or is the road good enough to go straight through from cascante?

Going next weekend

Thanks snail

Wow Snail.....that sounds like a great trip. And next week too, that's quite soon. Unfortunately I have no helpful suggestions for you, because I've only ever flown into Spain and stayed pretty local for each trip. I could give you tips for when you're already there, but not for getting there.

Either way, sounds wonderful. Enjoy it! I wish you good weather and many memories.

We do that route every year but the road from Cascante is rough in parts and narrow although lorries use it, We now, for the last 3 years go via Zaragoza by pass and meet up with the motorway to Terual not far south of Zaragoza, good quick route and far preferable than the shorter route from cascante. We are on our way on the 13th Dec,check it out on the Michelin route finder Spain.

There are 2 aires in Terrel, one in the town centre, opposite the police station, restaurants and supermarkets very close, its free, but no services, the other is by the hypermarket at the bottom of the town, both are safe and not far from the main road, checkout campercontact

There is a free aire in Teruel itself:

http://www.campercontact.com/en/spain/aragon-22-44-50/teruel/25719/motorhome-parking-parking-cuartel-guardia-civil.aspx

- lots of space but no facilities.

Alternatively I suggest the free aire at Segorbe:

http://www.campercontact.com/en/spain/valencia-03-12-46/segorbe/12967/motorhome-parking-parking.aspx

This is a good stopover with all facilities (except electricity) that I have used several times. Don't be put off by the fact that it is right next to a train station.

Casimir - 2016-11-18 5:49 PM

There is a free aire in Teruel itself:

http://www.campercontact.com/en/spain/aragon-22-44-50/teruel/25719/motorhome-parking-parking-cuartel-guardia-civil.aspx

- lots of space but no facilities.

Alternatively I suggest the free aire at Segorbe:

http://www.campercontact.com/en/spain/valencia-03-12-46/segorbe/12967/motorhome-parking-parking.aspx

This is a good stopover with all facilities (except electricity) that I have used several times. Don't be put off by the fact that it is right next to a train station.

But watch out for the dog poo! Camping Altomira is an ACSI site and quite close to Segorbe. Teruel has excellent parking at the dinopolis "experience".

Watch out for the cats at Camping Altomira they will and do get into your van at any opportunity not good but the site is ok if a bit of a slog up hill back to your van. Some nice walks in the area, we used it in January 2016 and they took the ACSI card well the paper work as the 2016 card had not been sent to us before we departed in late November .

Guest pelmetman
snail - 2016-11-19 6:36 PM

Thanks to everyone for the positive replies, will take note of the co ordinates for the two stopovers,

Snail

So have I B-) ......

Cascante tomorrow and then Segorbe, those rip off merchants at Zaragoza wont see me again :D ............

Guest pelmetman
snail - 2016-11-20 7:10 AM

Hello pelmets! Come say hello if you see us down the road, assume you are going to normal spot, happy travels

Snail

Booked in at Calpe from the 1st......so a few days at Kiko first. ;-) ........

markh1 - 2016-11-18 5:32 PM

There are 2 aires in Terrel, one in the town centre, opposite the police station, restaurants and supermarkets very close, its free, but no services, the other is by the hypermarket at the bottom of the town, both are safe and not far from the main road, checkout campercontact

Was just going to post that!

However if you are going Zaragoza -Sagunt the motorway is very easy and it is free-it's only a 3 hr run so unless you particularly want to see the hostory around Teruel it's a half day run.

Oh and after googling to find out-the aeroplanes are a salvage & storage!

Mike

Archived