A Boost for the Tories

nowtelse2do

I read that he's aiming to restablish himself with a role in Westminster.  I cant see him being welcome within the Tory fold but he could perhaps gather support from the Blairite Labour MPs and their supporters and act as some sort of figurehead. If Trump can get elected to the Presidency why not?

Guest pelmetman
StuartO - 2016-11-21 4:33 PM If Trump can get elected to the Presidency why not?

If it happens then I'll know the lunatics have taken over the asylum 8-) ..........

hi,

I fail to see what he can do without the support of at least one political party. He doesn't have the backing of anybody, I assume that is why he is starting this project himself.I n my opinion he should be totally ignored until he is called to answer for his actions. No doubt because it is a controversial step the media will give it a lot of cover.

cheers

derek

derek pringle - 2016-11-22 9:10 AMhi, I fail to see what he can do without the support of at least one political party. He doesn't have the backing of anybody, I assume that is why he is starting this project himself.I n my opinion he should be totally ignored until he is called to answer for his actions. No doubt because it is a controversial step the media will give it a lot of cover.cheersderek

Apparently he does have some backing, enough to make him think it's viable to launch a new centrist organisation in the New Year.  He believes that the centre has been neglected, letting the left and the right in, hence the gap he can move into.  He also thinks his past reputation in relation to Iraq and for making lots of money personally etc will not be an obstacle. Given that Trump has got himself elected who knows?

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2016-11-21 5:12 PM
StuartO - 2016-11-21 4:33 PM If Trump can get elected to the Presidency why not?

If it happens then I'll know the lunatics have taken over the asylum 8-) ..........
For clarification I was referring to B liar ;-) .....

StuartO - 2016-11-22 10:06 AM
derek pringle - 2016-11-22 9:10 AMhi, I fail to see what he can do without the support of at least one political party. He doesn't have the backing of anybody, I assume that is why he is starting this project himself.I n my opinion he should be totally ignored until he is called to answer for his actions. No doubt because it is a controversial step the media will give it a lot of cover.cheersderek

Apparently he does have some backing, enough to make him think it's viable to launch a new centrist organisation in the New Year.  He believes that the centre has been neglected, letting the left and the right in, hence the gap he can move into.  He also thinks his past reputation in relation to Iraq and for making lots of money personally etc will not be an obstacle. Given that Trump has got himself elected who knows?

Hi Stuart, I take your point but even Trump hasn't sent young countrymen to their death under dubious permission has he?cheersderek

Archived