MMM and Approved Workshop Scheme Oct 2016

QFour

MMM is working with the National Caravan Council Approved Workshop Scheme ( AWS ) on a MAJOR AWARENESS CAMPAIGN to highlight why Motor Homers should take their prize possession to these so called workshops. I took our Swift in to one of their approved workshops with a water leak and I was told they had re-cut the thread in the plastic tank. Enquiring if they had fitted an adaptor I was told it didn't need one. All they had done was put even more PTFE Tape round the fitting and it still leaked.

As for training these so called technicians should have proper qualifications. Not just a certificate to say he / she attended a course on screw fitting or a 5 day course on GAS. Last guy I meet working on my MH was an ex-policeman. All they do is swap parts. No one repairs or knows how to repair anything. All they have is a few screwdrivers and spanners and they are QUALIFIED ..

IMHO the BEST person to fix your MH is yourself. At least when it's done you know it's fixed. Also less hassel than taking it back and a darn sight cheaper.

So if MMM want to do something REALLY useful how about doing some PROPER Training.

Totally agree, my van was with my dealer last week and was left in with a water level fault, it was given back to me with the fault still on it so I assumed they didn't know how to fix it. Any other repairs I do myself because as you say you know that they are done to your own standard.

Archived