Fascia mounting for dashcam

brom

Yes, the blind does fit, as we've seen it in place on a Citroen with the parcel shelf - though not quite as well as it would on a shelf-less version - a small gap remains allowing some light to enter the cab. That is partly resolved by dropping the visors before raising the blind. There's no doubt that the parcel shelf is a nuisance for the converter, in a number of ways, yet we find it a very useful storage feature on our own Fiat Doblo, and have never (unlike some of our fellow testers!) banged our heads on the Sevel version.

As to resilience, we shall see, as we haven't owned the Dometic blind before. When we first bought a van with Remis, we were very sceptical about their apparent flimsiness, but five years later, they were still going strong. Some friends with a Murvi have owned their van for longer, and have nothing but praise for its Dometic blind. Our converter says that sometimes, on earlier types, the tensioning strings have to be re-set, to stop the blind dropping back a few inches when raised, but that the latest version has a catch to hold it securely in the closed (raised) position.

We were more bothered about loss of a couple of inches of visibility at the bottom of the screen, when the blind is dropped, but this doesn't seem to concern anyone else, so we're hopeful we'll soon get used to it.

We have found the new variant of Remis blinds, designed to fit high-spec. Sevels with the bulky rain sensor mounting behind the internal mirror, have inadequately strong magnets and the complex system to fit round the 'bulge' doesn't work well. However, our Murvi-owning friends have heard that a Dometic blind won't fit, either - perhaps the rain-sensor mirror protrudes further away from the windscreen, so the blind can't extend inboard and behind it?

I too have used the stick on dashboard discs but for a Tomtom sat nav and they dostick and the sat nav stayed in place. However I prefer my homemade mount for the sat nav as it places it level with the drivers eye view on top of the speedo binacle, but I agree that one does not need the distraction of a dash cam too close to the drivers direct field of vision .

I had no problem leaving the stuck on disc where it was when I bought the van as they are so cheap I considered it easier to buy another and just not worth the struggle to get it off.

I am hoping that a very kind Santa might bring me a dash cam soon and I too tend to favour Nextbase, but we are struggling with understanding some of the mumbo jumbo techy talk so it needs to be simple to operate and idiot proof - preferably without involving those infernal smart phones if possible as we have only just almost mastered our old dumb phones.

So it looks like the 312 - unless anyone has any words of experience for me to mull over?

I have the nextbase 402g, its a bit more expensive but worth it I think, obviously the sole reason for having it, needs it to be reliable.

I also have a road hawk in another van, they both use memory cards which makes it easy to view on you pc or laptop, they both work strait out of the box, but you can change the settings if you are that way inclined.

I have put a link to my camping site with an amazon link if you are interested

http://homefieldscamping.co.uk/motorhome-kit

Archived