hose

PMM

Sorry. Made a mess of that posting.

In a forum on the Murvi Club a member demonstrated the blindingly obvious (for us). Rather than using an electric pump from a jerrycan to lift water into our high up fillers, carry the container into the van where our kitchen work surfaces are higher than the water filler, and syphon via a short length of pipe through the window into your tank. I had honestly never thought of that, and it now means I can pack the collapsible water container rather than the rigid one whose opening was wide enough to take the pump. So no pump, and no big container taking up room in the van. Result!

Have used (in the distant past) ordinary garden hose on a reel (well it was in an American RV), a reel of blue 'food grade' hose and a lay flat hose on a reel. Now, have a 10 metre bungee type hose that fits in a small plastic bag and a short length cut off the 'food grade' hose that eventually delaminated. Plus one 10 litre plastic container. These, together with an assortment of tap connectors and hose to hose connectors, gives us a filling method for situations we have come across. If you are contemplating travelling France and Spain and usin Aires then do make sure you have a rubber tap connector with a jubilee clip as many water taps do not have threaded ends.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the motorhome.

David

I use a blue, food grade hose to fill the water tank, to about half full, at the start of any trip. Thereafter, I top up using a 10L watering can. We use about 20L a day and a watering can gives complete flexibility. I do carry a 10 meter length of food grade hose but very rarely use it as I find it more trouble to move the motorhome to a filling point, use the hose and then ensure it is drained and rolled up for storage than a few trips with the watering can. But if you get through 60 or 80 Litres a day then a hose might be more practical.

Archived