Broken fly screen door on Globecar

Tony M

The sliding door flyscreen on our Globecar (2015) decided to unstring itself! It was replaced under warranty by SMC at Newark (main agents for Globecar in the UK who are responsible for dealing with all the other UK Globecar dealers). It may be an idea to get in touch with SMC and see if they are able to arrange to have it fitted either by themselves or another UK dealer.

WildBill - 2017-01-22 2:48 PM

Just bought some cord of the same size, colour etc from a store in Silves. 2 Euros!! Will attempt a repair of mine this week.

There was a useful article in the March edition of MMM about repairing the cord in flyscreen doors (page 208).

Probably not much use to you in Spain unless you subscribe to the electronic version of the mag.

Hi Mel,

Did you buy your 'van from a UK dealer?

The German dealer we bought ours from has confirmed that the flyscreen is covered under warranty and suggested we take it to our nearest dealer, South West Motorhomes. This we did and all was going well until I mentioned I had bought in Germany and there was a sudden intake of breath and much head scratching. I pointed out that Pössl/ Globecar warranties were pan European and therefore work could be carried out by any dealer in any country.

When I last spoke to them they were 'processing' the case and would get in touch in due course. I wonder if I will hear any more from them?

Hi Robbo, yes I did see the article in MMM regarding the re stringing but I don't think ours is made the same as that one which has multiple cords. I'm sure it can't be too difficult to do if you know the correct procedure although I believe the dealers just replace the complete unit.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post an update on the warranty situation for the fly screen. I mentioned about three weeks ago that I had visited South West Motorhomes as suggested by the German dealer I bought the 'van from as they are the nearest Globecar dealer to me.

I was a bit sceptical when they told me they were processing the claim and would be back in touch in due course. Well, good news. Yesterday I received a phone call from Lucy who deals with warranty issues to say they had a new fly screen door with my name on it!

As we hear so much about poor customer service I felt it only right to give South West Motorhomes a mention as I am absolutely delighted that they have dealt with this claim promptly and efficiently.

They are a relatively small motorhome dealership and recently moved into new, purpose built premises and based on my experience appear to be dealing with those matters that many of the larger dealers seem to fail miserably at.

Archived