Fridge Switch

George

We have a 2003 KonTiki with an Electrolux/Dometic fridge which is now obsolete. The off/mains/battery/gas selector switch has broken beyond repair. My supplying dealer and I have tried for several months to find a replacement. Dometic can offer no help. We use pliers to change the setting. Any suggestion as to where this sort of spare might be found would be gratefully received. Also, Happy Christmas to everyone.

Hi George, if you can turn the switch to different positions with a pair of pliers I guess that the switch is a rotary type, unlike mine which is a rocker switch. If it is a rotary type and the switch is working ok you should be able to get a knob for it from Maplin or a a similar outlet.

Phil.

George - 2006-12-18 8:47 PM We have a 2003 KonTiki with an Electrolux/Dometic fridge which is now obsolete. The off/mains/battery/gas selector switch has broken beyond repair. My supplying dealer and I have tried for several months to find a replacement. Dometic can offer no help. We use pliers to change the setting. Any suggestion as to where this sort of spare might be found would be gratefully received. Also, Happy Christmas to everyone.

George

It's just a thought, but have you actually spoken to Dometic's technical department yourself, or have you left it to your dealer?  If you have the model, and serial, numbers from your fridge, as it's only 3 years old, I am just surprised Dometic don't have spares themselves, or can't direct you to someone who has.

I recently had a problem with the rotary Dometic MES model switch breaking.  In my case the switch was completely inoperative so no amount of twiddling had any effect at all.  The fridge was 18 months old, and the whole switch unit had to be replaced, but the repairer had no problem obtaining spares from Dometic for that.  It therefore seems odd that spares should not be available for a fridge that is only about 18 months older again.  I'd suggest trying Dometic again.

Archived