fridge not igniting

scaredy

Hi, The problem could be one of several, the piezo itself breaking down, the connection between the piezo and the HT lead at either end, a fractured HT lead, a cracked probe, debris in the burner area, or simply the position of the probe in the burner area, you may be able to get at the burner area through the lower external vent to check the probe position and clean the burner, if not you will have to draw the fridge out, which may mean breaking the gas connection and possibly disconnecting the electrics, either operation i would,nt recommend if your not 100% sure of what your doing, whenever we break a gas connection we are required to carry out a soundness check.

Guest Frank Wilkinson

I'm not really sure whether you're saying that it's the piezo-electric ignition that's not sparking or whether it is sparking and the gas isn't igniting.

If it's the latter I had the same problem with my fridge on the odd occasion that I wanted to use it on gas. It would never light the first time and I learned that the best way to get it to ignite was to leave it a few minutes after the first failure. I would then draw some gas through the system by turning on the heater or a couple of gas rings on the hob.

Whether this flushes out any air pockets in the system I'm not sure. All I know, is that when I retried the ignition, the fridge would ignite.

Archived