Hawick camperstop

johnfromnorfolk

Yes, it is a good spot.

The only thing is that the motorhome spaces are not available on Market Day. If your visit coincides, you are allowed to park at the opposite side of the Car Park (where Buses park).

Before anyone waxes lyrical about forward thinking Councils encouraging motorhomes, Hawick Council were against the idea but (very begrudgingly) did nothing about it. This is due to the special circumstances pertaining to the ownership of the land that the Car Park/Marketplace occupies. It was the Tourist Office that enabled this facility. They may knock on your Hab door for a chat if you stay there and ask if you are happy with the chance to stay there and ask if you have used the Shops, Restaurants etc. They are a nice bunch of people, so make sure they know you appreciate what they have done.

If you have a Dog, there is a lovely Park nearby for dog walking. ;-)

johnfromnorfolk - 2017-01-25 3:41 PM

Anyone used the overnight motorhome stopover at Hawick on the Scottish border?

Yes, we stayed there in September 2016 for a night. We were told by the girls who welcomed us that 2 night stays were welcome. There is a water tap but nowhere to dump grey/black water.

Attended public toilet during daylight hours. No overnight stays on Fridays as market on Saturday.

And within a couple of minutes of town centre. We really enjoyed it. Its great when someone actually comes to your van, welcomes you, thanks you for coming etc ..... and in return we spent probably £40/50 or so in shops, supermarket, coffee shop .....

Check this out http://hawickwelcome.org.uk/

John52 - 2017-01-26 5:26 PM

I don't know what its like thios time of year, but there is a public walled garden a short walk from Hawick camperstop with floral displays that are breathtaking in summer B-)

....... and I should have said in my earlier post that whilst there is a fresh water tap, I doubt it is available at this time of year ......

John52 - 2017-01-26 5:26 PM

I don't know what its like thios time of year, but there is a public walled garden a short walk from Hawick camperstop with floral displays that are breathtaking in summer B-)

Just found a couple of photos. Like many places in Scotland, entrance is free.

993833170_hawickwalledgarden(1).thumb.jpg.1465e198770f2cc79a74c25b45866a20.jpg

1502288899_hawickwalledgarden(2).jpg.b125ac9cf73cacb1b237ed1ea2a3625d.jpg

Archived