Panel vans why so much?

takeaflight

John52 - 2017-03-03 8:05 PM

takeaflight - 2017-03-03 5:38 PM

To answer my own question, I think it's the uk base vehicle cost, as one of the other posters pointed out there are foreign conversions at reasonable costs. With cnc the interior can be produced quite quickly and at a reasonable cost. But the base vehicle, well you have only got to look at van sales to see the high prices asked. The truth is they don't won't to sell them, what the manufactures and dealers prefer is to lease.

Have a look at how much a Sprinter will cost you.

I don't know what the converters pay but it won't be retail list prices.

I can see why dealers and customers may prefer to lease vans, but what difference does it make to the manufacturers?

Vehicle manufactures won't you to lease or finance, they can provide you with a vehicle that you are most likely to be paying for over three years, then a ballon payment, of course this after a deposit. Most people can't make the ballon payment, so hand in the vehicle and off they go again. What the manufactories get out of this, is the real value of the car as been covered by the monthly payments, it helps to keep the main dealer workshops in business and they get a car, can back that can be sold on, so they make their money twice. The old way of doing business of making a profit from the item that is sold as long gone with the big boys, Currys don't make their money from selling you a fridge, it comes from selling you finance and a warranty. Look at Mercedes, can a sprinter van really be worth upwards of £2500, try finding a price on their website, you can find leasing easily enough.

Unfortuantly whether it a car, van, washing machine and quite often motorhomes, dealers are there to sell you finance not the product. Go into a Mercedes main dealer and ask how much off for cash. You may be surprised at the answer.

Archived