Portugal camp sites

Sharpy

Hello,

Can subscribers recommend any decent camp sites along Portugal's Atlantic coast. Also, which are the best resorts to visit?

Any information on motorhoming etc in Portugal and Northern Spain appreciated.

Thank You

Praia do Pedrogao, we are currently sat on. Just up from a really lively beach, just met the Portuguese bodyboarding champion.

Site just on edge of village.

Off out for some fish shortly.

Moving on to another to the north tomorrow, then see how many more before the ferry,

Regards

Alan b

For us, Orbitur sites have become very run down and a bit unloved over the years.

Plenty of choice right up the Atlantic coast as more and more campsites are open all year. Would give Nazare a miss - the whole town is a no go for motorhomes, even parking up is now limited to a small aire at the back end of town, there are a couple of campsites but a fair way out of town.

Peniche worth a look, a couple of good campsites and aires, just up the road Baleal is a stunning beach used by the surfers. Foz De Arehlo is beautiful - one of the loveliest beaches for us.

I agree Dora _ex, I think we stayed at Guincho, which was tired, but close to amazing beach.

Stayed at a "yelloh village" on Algarve, that was pretty good.

Private site at Zambujeira do mar on Atlantic coast very good, in Acsi guide, getting bigger. Cleaners couldn't stop cleaning fac's!

Nice village and burger.

Regards

Alan b

Hi Alan,

We are hoping to visit Portugal this September when it is a bit cooler.

I thought that we might go over to France via the tunnel and return on the ferry from Santander - does this sound reasonable.

Sharpy - 2017-03-27 12:30 PMHi Alan,We are hoping to visit Portugal this September when it is a bit cooler.I thought that we might go over to France via the tunnel and return on the ferry from Santander - does this sound reasonable.

We're booked to do the same thing the other way around - ferry out to Bilbao in September and drive home through France.  Had to book 16 months ahead to get a "large" kennel for our (medium sized) dog on the ferry, so don't be surprised if you encounter that as a booking obstacle if you have a dog.  Even 16 months ahead all the pet-friendly cabins had gone.  I understand they do get cancellations so you might be lucky but don't count on it.

Archived