Bye Bye Wilders

Bulletguy

A vote for common sense prevailed tonight in Netherlands showing Wilders he and his politics are not wanted. Turnout was 81%, the highest in 30 years.

“The Netherlands, after Brexit, after the American elections, said ‘No’ to the wrong kind of populism,” said Mr. Rutte.

Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentilioni tweeted his approval: "The anti-EU right has lost the election in the Netherlands. All together for change and revive the (European) Union."

"Congratulations to the Dutch for preventing the rise of the far right," French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said on Twitter.

Virtually all parties said they would not work with Mr. Wilders in a coalition — so toxic does he remain.

Well done Netherlands!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39285803

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 2:35 AM

A vote for common sense prevailed tonight in Netherlands showing Wilders he and his politics are not wanted. Turnout was 81%, the highest in 30 years.

“The Netherlands, after Brexit, after the American elections, said ‘No’ to the wrong kind of populism,” said Mr. Rutte.

Italian Foreign Minister Paolo Gentilioni tweeted his approval: "The anti-EU right has lost the election in the Netherlands. All together for change and revive the (European) Union."

"Congratulations to the Dutch for preventing the rise of the far right," French Foreign Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault said on Twitter.

Virtually all parties said they would not work with Mr. Wilders in a coalition — so toxic does he remain.

Well done Netherlands!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39285803

Wilders loses but the Dutch win ... The centre right government have become more hard line to prevent Wilders march ... Its a sensible win for the Dutch and of course many Dutch were put off voting for him because the other parties had said they would not work with him ... He still gained seats ... The big losers ... The Labour Party ... No complaints from me as its a good result for The Dutch with a centre right party in first place and a far right party in second place , up from third ... Cant see how thats any cause for celebration amongst left leaning politicians but they'll take anything these days and claim its some kind of victory ... Well done The Dutch

Guest pelmetman

Looks like the Dutch Communist/Green party will have the last laugh though Antony 8-) .........I wonder how well they'll fit with the right of centre VVD? :D .......

Although its a funny old world where our resident loony left live ;-) ..........

When 20% of a vote is a overwhelming majority and 52% is not :D .....

Barryd999 - 2017-03-16 10:19 AM

Yes thats one put back in his box. Looks like the worm is turning across Europe and people are seeing sense. http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dutch-election-result-geert-wilders-brexit-ukip-europe-eu-warning-corbyn-labour-a7632656.html

We just need to overturn Brexit and Trump next. :D

Eh ?? ... From 3rd position to 2nd and that's put back in his box ... The centre right winners become more hard lined and still win and you think the worm is turning ... In France Le Pen may not win the final round but if she pulls in a third of French voters that's quite an astonishing amount of folk voting for everything you hate and see as racist ... I'm afraid for you until The EU plug is pulled and ending world Islamification then the right will carry on rising and do remember it's only a couple of months since Austria almost voted in a far right leader ... Overturn Brexit and Trump ??? ... Get back out on the streets with Lily and Lineker and the screaming pussy brigade ... Worked before didn't it

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 9:51 AM

Looks like the Dutch Communist/Green party will have the last laugh though Antony 8-) .........I wonder how well they'll fit with the right of centre VVD? :D .......

Although its a funny old world where our resident loony left live ;-) ..........

Yep the Greens did well ... Barry thinks the end of the right begins with Rutte losing 8 seats and Wilders winning 5 more !!! ... He'll be telling us next the majority of those who voted Leave would now vote Remain ... Wet spin I suppose ... Wish he would spin

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-03-16 12:27 PM

Yep the Greens did well ... Barry thinks the end of the right begins with Rutte losing 8 seats and Wilders winning 5 more !!! ... He'll be telling us next the majority of those who voted Leave would now vote Remain ... Wet spin I suppose ... Wish he would spin

As they're spinning it in the press here by saying Rutte won by 13 seats ;-) .......I guess that sounds better than saying he clung on by only losing 8 seats :D .........

I wonder what the results will be at their next election, after another few years of benefiting from multiculturalism? :-D .......

What Barry and BG are refusing to accept is that the voting public here and in the EU are moving to the right B-) ...........And the Loony Left are moving to the communists >:-) ........

We'll have to start addressing Barry & BG as Comrade (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 12:48 PM

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 12:27 PM

As they're spinning it in the press here by saying Rutte won by 13 seats ;-) .......I guess that sounds better than saying he clung on by only losing 8 seats :D .........

I wonder what the results will be at their next election, after another few years of benefiting from multiculturalism? :-D .......

What Barry and BG are refusing to accept is that the voting public here and in the EU are moving to the right B-) ...........And the Loony Left are moving to the communists >:-) ........

We'll have to start addressing Barry & BG as Comrade (lol) ........

Can we call Barry Chairman Meow seen as he likes to go on those screaming pussy brigade marches and Bullet could be Trot seen as he talks a lot of it and its short for Trotsky ... Brother

Oh dear poor old Batman and Robin.....mourning the loss of xenophobe racist Wilders! (lol)

Europe just needs to get that Pen woman put in a pen now. Her and Wilders can share it together, weeping on each others shoulder as they read Mein Kampf. (lol)

The majority percent between Rutte and Wilders is far bigger and more credible than the tiny 3.7% of Brexit, but batsh*t bonkers Brexiters won't want to see that.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 2:40 PM

The majority percent between Rutte and Wilders is far bigger and more credible than the tiny 3.7% of Brexit, but batsh*t bonkers Brexiters won't want to see that.

Did he get 52% of the vote? ;-) .........but to you loony lefties 20% is enough to be able to tell the other 80% how to live especially when the communist Greens have the final vote? 8-) .........and the loony left try to tell us Putin won BREXIT? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 3:13 PM

Did he get 52% of the vote? ;-) .........

Hhmmmm......way more than a measly 3.7% separated him from Wilders.

......but to you loony lefties 20% is enough to be able to tell the other 80% how to live...

That's funny given you think a margin of 3.7% was enough to tell everyone else how to live. The irony is you shot yourself in the foot and put an end to your snow birding! It's pointless you attempting to fly under the radar because you can't resist telling everyone how long you've been out of the country!

So Conservative liberalism politics is now "loony left" eh? You should write for the Beano. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 4:00 PM

......but to you loony lefties 20% is enough to be able to tell the other 80% how to live...

That's funny given you think a margin of 3.7% was enough to tell everyone else how to live.

No I think 17,410,742 are enough :D .......That's a "margin" of 1,269,501 ;-) .......I wonder if Mr Rutte has such a "Margin"? >:-) ........

Oh dear poor old Batman and Robin.....mourning the loss of xenophobe racist Wilders! (lol)

Europe just needs to get that Pen woman put in a pen now. Her and Wilders can share it together, weeping on each others shoulder as they read Mein Kampf. (lol)

Mein Kampf ??? ... Nah ... They'd surely read sumat much more hardcore and divisive ... The Koran ... Who's mourning by the way and whats been posted by either Robin and myself to give you that impression ??? ... I'd say The Dutch did good ... Wilders gains 33% and Rutte loses 25% ... If thats a bad showing then whats Dutch Labours result called losing three quarters of the seats they held ???

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-03-16 4:51 PM

If thats a bad showing then whats Dutch Labours result called losing three quarters of the seats they held ???

A Corbynaster? ......Corbyntrophe?......Corbynclysm?......Corbynflop? :-> .......

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 5:14 PM

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 4:51 PM

If thats a bad showing then whats Dutch Labours result called losing three quarters of the seats they held ???

A Corbynaster? ......Corbyntrophe?......Corbynclysm?......Corbynflop? :-> .......

Worst showing in Labours Dutch history ... Chuckle ... Even Jezza won't do that bad will he come election time will he ??? ... Those who still vote for em certainly live in La La Labourland

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 4:25 PM

That's funny given you think a margin of 3.7% was enough to tell everyone else how to live.

No I think 17,410,742 are enough .......That's a "margin" of 1,269,501

Which is 3.7%......dummy. *-)

.......I wonder if Mr Rutte has such a "Margin"? >:-) ........

Way more than 3.7%.

I think the worm is turning. Whichever way you look at it the far right which was gaining ground since last summer is now losing ground across Europe. Perhaps people are coming to their senses and looking at whats going on in the UK and USA and realising it as a very dangerous road to go down. Sadly the USA and UK will probably fall apart (They are already) as a result but it may just save the rest of the western world from following the same economic, political and morally wrong route.

Barryd999 - 2017-03-16 5:56 PM

I think the worm is turning. Whichever way you look at it the far right which was gaining ground since last summer is now losing ground across Europe. Perhaps people are coming to their senses and looking at whats going on in the UK and USA and realising it as a very dangerous road to go down. Sadly the USA and UK will probably fall apart (They are already) as a result but it may just save the rest of the western world from following the same economic, political and morally wrong route.

Doomed ... were all doomed ... What is exactly going on in't US and UK other than democracy hopefully and ultimately taking place ???? .... Im not getting whats so bad ... Maybe you can educate

Doomed ... were all doomed ... What is exactly going on in't US and UK other than democracy hopefully and ultimately taking place ???? .... Im not getting whats so bad ... Maybe you can educate ... Doomed twice its that bad

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 5:38 PM

Way more than 3.7%.

How does Mr Rutte's share of the vote compare to 17,418,742 for BREXIT ? ;-) ..........

Which funnily enough is slightly more than the size of the Dutch population :D ........

So I suspect his "margin" will be tiny in "actual numbers" when compared to 1,269,501 >:-) ........

Guest pelmetman

Eh? :-S ........

Wilders party has gone from 3rd to 2nd and gained 5 seats whilst Rutte lost 8 ;-) ........

I wonder what another 5 years of open borders and multiculturalism will do for their next election? :D ......

Which will probably be sooner than later, seeing as Rutte's got to get in bed with some strange bedfellows to form a government >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2017-03-16 6:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-03-16 5:38 PM

Way more than 3.7%.

How does Mr Rutte's share of the vote compare to 17,418,742 for BREXIT ? ;-) ..........

Which funnily enough is slightly more than the size of the Dutch population :D ........

So I suspect his "margin" will be tiny in "actual numbers" when compared to 1,269,501 >:-) ........

Jeeeez......even my six year old grandson can work this out. *-)

Wilder got 20 seats. Rutte got 33 so 13 more seats which is a 39% majority margin. Or to be absolutely precise 39.39%.

You lot got an abysmal 3.7% margin.

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 6:03 PM

Doomed ... were all doomed ... What is exactly going on in't US and UK other than democracy hopefully and ultimately taking place ???? .... Im not getting whats so bad ... Maybe you can educate ... Doomed twice its that bad

Whatever you want to call the "New World Order" dont confuse it with Democracy as people like Trump and the Swivel eyed loonies behind Brexit have nobody's interest at heart other than their own. The way they are trying to shape the USA and UK makes a mockery out of democracy when those opposed to their new regimes are told to be silent or get out, entire countries are excluded from travel based on their religion, those in the UK who stand up against this far right b*****ks and seek parliamentary involvement are branded "enemies of the people". Loyal and hard working EU workers are leaving in their droves because they no longer feel welcome and many have faced racist abuse as hate crime soars.

Need I go on? Maybe you need to be on the receiving end of it to "Get whats so bad". Bit like the Jews in late 30's Germany. Maybe people told them they couldn't see what the problem was.

We have enjoyed relative peace and economic success in Europe for the last 40 years or so. It is now very much under threat if your friends start to take over. Thankfully that is looking less and less likely. I imagine sensible Europeans are taking one look at the bile and hate thats coming out of the USA and UK and are taking stock and realising what a bad move it all is.

Barryd999 - 2017-03-16 7:59 PM

Whatever you want to call the "New World Order" dont confuse it with Democracy as people like Trump and the Swivel eyed loonies behind Brexit have nobody's interest at heart other than their own. The way they are trying to shape the USA and UK makes a mockery out of democracy when those opposed to their new regimes are told to be silent or get out, entire countries are excluded from travel based on their religion, those in the UK who stand up against this far right b*****ks and seek parliamentary involvement are branded "enemies of the people". Loyal and hard working EU workers are leaving in their droves because they no longer feel welcome and many have faced racist abuse as hate crime soars.

Need I go on? Maybe you need to be on the receiving end of it to "Get whats so bad". Bit like the Jews in late 30's Germany. Maybe people told them they couldn't see what the problem was.

We have enjoyed relative peace and economic success in Europe for the last 40 years or so. It is now very much under threat if your friends start to take over. Thankfully that is looking less and less likely. I imagine sensible Europeans are taking one look at the bile and hate thats coming out of the USA and UK and are taking stock and realising what a bad move it all is.

So talking of travel exclusion ... The banning of Jews/Isrealis from umpteen Muslim countries thats been in place for years hasn't seemed to bother ya ... Whats different with Trumps order ???

antony1969 - 2017-03-16 8:05 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-03-16 7:59 PM

So talking of travel exclusion ... The banning of Jews/Isrealis from umpteen Muslim countries thats been in place for years hasn't seemed to bother ya ... Whats different with Trumps order ???

Funny you should mention that.

Israeli Jews From Muslim Countries at Risk Under Trump's New Ban

http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.768107

But fear not......because the loon has had his second draft order blocked by Federal judges in Hawaii and Maryland. Both judges questioned the legality of the ban, which critics say is discriminatory.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39287656

You see Antony, basic moral decency eventually trumps ('scuse pun) vile blatant racism.

Archived