Anyone got a Taylormade bike cover?

henrypartridge

I have a screen cover and a bonnet cover from this company and they are excellent quality. My three year old Fiamma cover, to protect the bikes on the rack, has finally disintegrated so I wonder if the Taylor is worthwhile? Fair bit more expensive at £55 with the obligatory pocket for the warning sign.

henrypartridge - 2017-03-27 7:41 PM

I have a screen cover and a bonnet cover from this company and they are excellent quality. My three year old Fiamma cover, to protect the bikes on the rack, has finally disintegrated so I wonder if the Taylor is worthwhile? Fair bit more expensive at £55 with the obligatory pocket for the warning sign.

We've had one for over four years and it's still as good as new

We used to have one when we carried the bikes. I did a load of research prior to buying and decided it was the most durable on the market. We used it for a few years and when the time came to sell I was asked why it hadnt been used! - it was still in good condition

Hi, we have the screen cover from them, but bike cover is from fiamma, ans has been patched up using ducktape, (very sticky and comes in 3 different colours, we use the grey one)

I expect by the end of this season, that it will be more sticky tape than original cover so might have to ultimately replace it. I didnt know that taylormade did them, so will investigate that..

tonyg3nwl

We have a Taylormade bike cover, bought one last year after trying a Fiamma one, which was useless it let water in but not out and we ended up with about 5 liters of water in the folds.

The Taylor one is very well made and reasonably water proof , but it is quite heavy and stiff and the material does not slide easy over the hand grips.

Also read the reports on the Fiamma, so decided on the Taylormade electric bike version. Three years later it still does the job, but its a bit fiddly to fit. I've found that if you leave the draw strings just tight enough when removing it - the next time it's fitted the process is a bit quicker.

I replaced my Fiamma cover a couple of years ago when it eventually died after 10 year's service. Bought a Taylormade and didn't get on with it at first, fastenings were a bit hit & miss. But with the use of small Karabiner clips (Go Outdoors) and judicious use of a couple of bungees to stop flapping I'm now well pleased with it.

Mike P

If they are not available, have you looked at these?

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/bikeandcarriercovers.htm

We had a Fiamma one which did not last, replaced by one of these, excellent quality and whilst not as easy to fit, once it is on, it works very well giving almost complete protection, I leave it on the rack just folded up whilst away on tour when using the van with the bikes demounted. B-)

Reply from Taylormade

Sorry we are having to change the material that we make them out of. It appears that there is a fault in the material causing it to de-laminate when the covers are being used.

We have had some samples sent thru from another supplier and are now waiting for delivery so that we can clear our back log of pre ordered ones and get them back in stock for the web site sales.

henrypartridge - 2017-03-29 6:47 PM

Reply from Taylormade

Sorry we are having to change the material that we make them out of. It appears that there is a fault in the material causing it to de-laminate when the covers are being used.

We have had some samples sent thru from another supplier and are now waiting for delivery so that we can clear our back log of pre ordered ones and get them back in stock for the web site sales.

How refreshing to hear from a supplier that really cares about the stuff they sell.

Veronica

Hi

Yes I have a Taylormade bike cover. It is probably about two years old but never been used. We changed the van straight after buying it for a van with a large garage so not needed.I think it is a 2 bike cover but will check it when I get home as away for a few days. Where are you based ?

We bought a Taylormade cover 2 years ago for our 2 electric bikes after the fiama one disintegrated.

The difference in quality is night and day.

Taylormade were a joy to deal with and couldn't have beenn more helpful.

We got the local yacht chandlery to fit extra grommets so that it ties nice and tightly although I don't think it was entirely necessary but wanted to make sure the electrics stayed totally dry.

We too have changed our motorhome and now have a large garage so the cover is surplus to requirements and just haven't got round to advertising it.

It came with a carry bag but that seems to have gone walk about other than that and the extra grommets it's like new.

If you are interested pm me.

brandane - 2017-04-01 7:35 PM

We bought a Taylormade cover 2 years ago for our 2 electric bikes after the fiama one disintegrated.

The difference in quality is night and day.

Taylormade were a joy to deal with and couldn't have beenn more helpful.

We got the local yacht chandlery to fit extra grommets so that it ties nice and tightly although I don't think it was entirely necessary but wanted to make sure the electrics stayed totally dry.

We too have changed our motorhome and now have a large garage so the cover is surplus to requirements and just haven't got round to advertising it.

It came with a carry bag but that seems to have gone walk about other than that and the extra grommets it's like new.

If you are interested pm me.

Hi brandane. I have just started looking for a replacement cover. I have sent a pm.

Peter

Archived