Southdowns Portsmouth

PJay

Went to Southdowns yesterday, They have now doubled the size of the shop, and have much more stock

Just to let you know , should you require anything.

Plenty of vans too, BUT the prices ! You could buy a house in some areas cheaper

PJay

Brian Kirby - 2017-03-28 12:37 PM

PJay - 2017-03-28 10:46 AM................ You could buy a house in some areas cheaper

PJay

Yes, but you've left out the cost of fitting wheels to the house! :-D

Very true Brian!

But house prices should go up, not depreciate. It amazes me that "ordinary people" can spend that sort of money on a motorhome. £100.k plus !

P

And who is 'ordinary' in 2017 ?

Many of todays elderly decided to buy their homes in the 1950's that are now valued around the cost of 3 Motorhomes.

A son or daughter perhaps even retired at 55 may suddenly have excess cash ... and ... with around another 30 years living available, a Motorhome can be the key they've often sought.

Our house is an example but I'm not going yet.

Will86 - 2017-03-28 5:49 PM

And who is 'ordinary' in 2017 ?

Many of todays elderly decided to buy their homes in the 1950's that are now valued around the cost of 3 Motorhomes.

A son or daughter perhaps even retired at 55 may suddenly have excess cash ... and ... with around another 30 years living available, a Motorhome can be the key they've often sought.

Our house is an example but I'm not going yet.

i agree with you Will. Ordinary people, I consider people who have worked for others, not I.E lottery winners, or persons who have inherited loads.

Perhaps I should have said average persons?

we are the lucky ones, who where able to buy our homes.

In to-days paper a couple who are the longest married 77 years . Never owned a house/car and never been abroad . believe in a good meal of cottage pie once a week!! Maybe not your average, as lots go abroad now.

We bought our first hose in 1959, cost £ 3, 500.00 and that was in london outskirts! To-day worth not far short of a million. Maybe should have stayed there! No not really, would not want to be the only english family in the street!

My children are fortunately all buying their homes, and the grandchildren are now starting to buy, but have to move away from the commuter area of london to be able to afford one . But I know we are fortunate , not having to rent , and pay some one else mortgage.

Any way this thread was meant to let those of you interested in Southdowns accessory shop and it s on line

PJay

Archived